anyone fitted a skyline intercooler?

Si..

i've bought a R34 intercooler for the 'R' from abbey motorsport, has anybody made up the pipe run for one of these :?: , my pal's got a R33 cooler on his but mine looks a little bit different. :?

G

GTI-R Kid

How different is the R34 cooler when compared to the R33?

Si..

i paid £400 for it, i thought it was a bit much until it arrived, its absolutely massive, the pipes either end must be at least 4"ins and it looks brand new, the size of the pipe's is what looks different to the R33 cooler they look bigger, its got a small hole in it for some sort of sensor which i cant locate on the R33 cooler and the core's thicker too. i dont think its gonna be easy to fit :?

A

antilag

nothings impossible i am sure theres loadsa room the cooler we just fitted to mikeys car left room about 6 inches of room we could of jammed two front mounts in there hmmmmmmm now theres an idea lol

R

rsnissan

The R33 core is has welded end tanks the 34 has crimped so the R 33 one is better for bigger power . the outlets are the same size AFAIK.

fitted an r33 core there are some pictures of the install somewhere on this site

Nad

The R33 is stronger than both the R32 and R34 cores, as stated before as it is welded and also proved at being more efficient. Good for 500bhp.

Bigger doesnt always mean better. Match the intercooler size to the required horsepower to minimise lag, just like pipe sizing.

L8r

Nad

Si..

i've sealed off the whole for the probe, and according to abbey, it'll be sound at the boost level i'm gonna run it at and its fine for the power figures i'm expecting to achive. did think the R33 cooler was better just by looking at it , too late now tho, i'm not gonna bother changing it.