Anybody wanting cam gears try these

youngsyp

I'm sure I read somewhere that the OE GTiR cams are actually very good but, could do with their timing tweaking ?! If this is true, these would make a very good and cheap power/drivability mod !

O

Odin

The only reason I fitted them was because I've had my head skimmed which mucks up the cam timming so I was told by agra, So these where a cheap fix.

Got a very good service from the seller and he sent it via USPS so no tax/duty to pay lol.

Rob

marcymarc

Glad your engine is getting on its way Rob, how long you looking at before you can drive the thing? :lol:

O

Odin

marcymarc said:
Glad your engine is getting on its way Rob, how long you looking at before you can drive the thing? :lol:

The engine should be finished in the next week or two so I'm told, And the turbo manifold should be here around the same time as well, Mind you god knows what I'm going to do about the inter cooler pipe work and exhaust :doh: :? .

Rob

J

jpward

Odin said:
The only reason I fitted them was because I've had my head skimmed which mucks up the cam timming so I was told by agra, So these where a cheap fix.

Got a very good service from the seller and he sent it via USPS so no tax/duty to pay lol.

Rob
Did you use these with the standard cams then or have you hotter one's?

O

Odin

jpward said:
Did you use these with the standard cams then or have you hotter ones?

No I'm using Kent fast road cam's, But i would of needed these even with the standard cam, Because as I said having the head and blocked skimmed mucks up the cam timing ;-) .

They also fit the standard cams fine, I checked before I sent them to Agra :thumbsup:.

Rob

J

jpward

Odin said:
No I'm using Kent fast road cam's, But i would of needed these even with the standard cam, Because as I said having the head and blocked skimmed mucks up the cam timing ;-) .

They also fit the standard cams fine, I checked before I sent them to Agra :thumbsup:.

Rob
Thanks Rob for the link then as this time the head wont be touched but maybe in 6-9 months I am thinking of cam change did you go 264 or 272? and what lift did they say what else would need changed apart from better springs? oil stems ect???

O

Odin

jpward said:
Thanks Rob for the link then as this time the head wont be touched but maybe in 6-9 months I am thinking of cam change did you go 264 or 272? and what lift did they say what else would need changed apart from better springs? oil stems ect???

I had to sell my other cam kit because the head would of needed machining to take the tomie 260x12mm cam's I had at first, I've just gone for the Kent fast road cam's after taking advice from Agra.

I'm still using the standard springs for now, Plus bronze valve guides and a fully gas flowed and ported head.

Rob

J

jpward

Odin said:
I had to sell my other cam kit because the head would of needed machining to take the tomie 260x12mm cam's I had at first, I've just gone for the Kent fast road cam's after taking advice from Agra.

I'm still using the standard springs for now, Plus bronze valve guides and a fully gas flowed and ported head.

Rob
I know they know their stuff from what you guys report so id be interested to see what results comes back seam to be a lot of guys with good words about the Kents British engineering i suppose :lol:

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
My set arrived today. I actually bought them before I saw the post but its good to know other people rate them

I chose them becuase of the alloy which is about as good as you get.

£50 delivered to my door, bargain

mattytappy

bought some of these myself ages ago....and for the money they are great...good quality...havent fitted them yet as im just waiting for the big bang:lol:

mattytappy

just a quicky,these cam sprockets have a whole instead of a notch were the cam lobe end is.....do you have to get this machined out to fit standard cams

Last edited:

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
The "toggle" is just a pin so all you do is take the old cams off whilst holding onto your chain. Take out your chain tensioner. Slip on the new pulleys with the chain and re-fit the chain tensioner. They fit like OE so no problems that I've noticed