any one own or owned a skyline

kenan

South West Regional Rep
I had a 33 GTR for several years and other than a few problems to start with she was sweet as a nut. Very good car for eating miles unlike the R. I found the car a little big for me where I live if I'm honest but great fun when you got to open them up on track.

I would have another one tomorrow if I could afford it, but would get a Stegra this time for a street sleeper. I would buy one from a member off the GTROC or Skylineowners as you can check the car out on the forum etc. Make sure you get a good one, rebuilt if possiable. There are loads to choose from atm and the price of the GTR 32s ain't moved much unlike the 33s and 34s

my old car (any excuse for the pic)

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I had an R33 GST-T 4-door... best car I've ever owned (until the pulsar).

It had the factory M-spec body kit in two-tone silver and dark grey... boost came on good and hard - my party piece was pulling away from the lights then dumping it for a rolling burnout.
All that power going to the rear wheels was great for oversteer (although the HICAS did used to catch me out when I was trying to put it sideways).
Having said that, the HICAS does come in useful when you're pushing it hard because just as you think it's going to let go it catches it and straightens the back-end out again.

Climate control that just does it's job... hot when the car is cold, icey cold when the car is hot, and stops blowing when it's just right...
Stereo was good too, but that was an after-market Jap unit that was in when I bought it: 5-disk and 1 minidisk stacker in the dashboard.

There's nothing like putting your foot hard down and watching the tacho go 2000, 6000, 2000, 6000, 2000, 4000 and the speedo climb with it. Many's the time I've overtaken somone and coasted for the next few minutes whilst it comes back down to the speed limit.

I do miss her. - I sold her to my old man (he was having a mid-life crisis), so I can still see her.
Plus the idle on the pulsar sounds just like the Skyline.. that gentle, throaty, bauble of a turbo - much better than a V8!

Of course, this was in Australia - the wife said it was too big and thirsy for the UK... so I bought the GTiR instead!
I would also love a Stagea - I think that's the kind of all sleepers; a Skyline station wagon with the same engine and AWD system. It looks like a kiddie carrier until it goes past you like a jet fighter!

Edit: Picture; not a good one, but I can't post attachments.
http://lh5.ggpht.com/GeorgeWKJones/RVhDiC9IABI/AAAAAAAAAhc/G4odCT1gsTE/Photo_0020.jpg?imgmax=800

Last edited:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I just can't shut-up can I?

I like the R33 best - the R34 was too square, but the R33 is all smooth lines... the R32 looks a little dated to me.

If you were in Western Australia I could tell you who to see - Paul at Autoworx in Wangara. He's only too happy to help you out, even when your wife smashed the front spoiler and you need a cheap body shop who know what they're doing with an import!

If I had the money, I'd be grey importing the new GTR - and my wife would be happy with my decision!

vss irvine

i own a nissan stagea, its a 2.5 single turbo 4wd auto. but for the road its a brilliant car. bigger than most vans, fast when you want it, yet so easy to drive.
i like the engine and the fact i can just cruise about without any hassle due to it being auto.
its got tein wagon coilovers,apexi exhaust, induction kit and 18" alloys.
furure mods include fmic, 3" down pipe, safc and boost controller. its got a reliable 210hp atw, and even though it weighs a hefty 1800kg, once its rolling the smiles just keep coming!

next year i want to convert it to rb26dett with manual box and some BIIIGGG! brakes, but i dont want to change the way it looks.

when a guy driving a ferrari f430 almost broke his neck trying to look at it as i drove past, i knew my 5k 12 year old nissan was a good buy!

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n169/vssirvine/25042008168.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n169/vssirvine/21022008136.jpg

my dad also has a silver one

kenan

South West Regional Rep
Would want the RB26 with the manual box if I got a Stegra. Rare to get your hands on but worth the wait.

Saying that I'm happy with the R under 100

vss irvine

yeah with a 10k price tag aswell! im going to buy a damaged gtr and transfer it all over, then ill still have the auto box, rb25det and rest of the gtr to sell on to make some money back.

GTIR-LOZ

ive driven a few r33 gtr's when i was looking to buy one and unless you have over 500bhp they are not that quick due to the weight, i never went very fast but up to 60mph they do not accelerate like a R so be prepared to spend alot of money if you want a fast one

KenR33

johnsy said:
just after people opinions on the skybarge and wot model to go for?:thumbsup:
I've had an R33GTS-T for about a year now and i'm very happy with it. I agree with odin, brilliant everyday car, very reliable and not that expensive to run, but for a weekend car and money no object i'd have an R32 GTR

Last edited:

gtir_pimp

GTIR-LOZ said:
ive driven a few r33 gtr's when i was looking to buy one and unless you have over 500bhp they are not that quick due to the weight, i never went very fast but up to 60mph they do not accelerate like a R so be prepared to spend alot of money if you want a fast one
think your the only one thats said something bad about them:lol: . not saying your wrong at all, i havent driven one, love the look of some of them, but my tuner/mate who has driven allsorts and owned a skyline said he wasnt very impressed with it either. said he was very dissapointed. apparantley you have to spend big bucks to get any decent power and he much prefers his pulsar

GTIR-LOZ

dont get me wrong i like them alot and will prob have one, one day but you need one with decent power levels to start with the r33 gtr turbos will only hold 1 bar before they let go so i have heard as they are ceramic blades and so any real power hike you will need a couple of new turbos which is alot to say the least, also 32gtr heads have a habit of cracking again expensive and i think the engine will only hold about 500bhp before a rebuild is needed. On looking on the net forums etc the best tunable car seems to be the supra the engine is bullet proof and costs alot less to tune to high power than the gtr, but i do prefer the gtrs still lol

davey red.r

the new ones are a handful:twisted:
ive started doing the lottery since the new one came out.
if my numbers dont come up:cry:
im thinking of getting a few thai lasses over, and pimping them out:shock: :lol:
so i can get one8)

pimp;-)