Any around the Gosport / Portsmouth area fancy......

S

swanny

Sorting out my 'R ? :thumbsup:

She's just done a head gasket and I am in no way mechanically minded and am unable to sort it myself. Obviously i'd pay to get it done, but I just cant warrent the prices that the garage want to charge but I want to keep my baby if possible.

Post in here or email me if you're interested.

Cheers,
From a hopefull Swanny

MarkTurbo

Possibly! I'm about 100 miles from Portsmouth but if you're totally stuck and dont want to get bent over and screwed by a garage to do it i might be able to help you out (depending on work) ;-)

S

swanny

Mark - Engine rebuild under your name eh, guessing you're having fun and games too :)

I'd love to get her back up and running as soon as really. But I can hang around if you would rather me see if someone more local fancies it ?

P

pulsarboby

just out of curiosity swanny, how much did they want?

S

swanny

Too much...

They couldnt give an exact figure. But were on about replacing everything under the sun... even the "cam belts" - Rofl!

I explained that it was a timing chain which reduced the quote a bit, but they were still talking in the region of £1000. I can't really afford this right now, so it's either get it done on the cheap, or sell her and cry :(

P

pulsarboby

if you can get the car down to me, then i'l do it for you, but its not worth me chasing down the south coast to do it!
thats the only thing i can think of, if you cant find anyone local!

the head will have to go in and be tested for warpage, cracks etc aswell!
if it is just the gasket then thats not a prob, but the problem may possibly lie with the head, but you cannot tell untill its stripped!