Another Speedo problem?

M

Mulisha

Problem of the week: Instead of doing a search casue the search button is broken, I read through all 15 pages of the problem solving forum. My speedo doesn't work and neither does the odometer. I have a Blitz power ID installed and even that doesnt work. so what this is telling me is that pin number 32 speed sensor is getting no signal. What else could there be? What are the odds of something going bad the same time I pull out the gauge cluster? On the diagram does the pin 32 go to the speedo and then to the speed sensor to complete the circuit?

lost.......... :cry:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
All the wires converge on the speedo.
pin 32 from ecu(or is it to the ecu :?: )
2 wires from speed sensor
A live and earth

M

Mulisha

On top of all this I have a power ID and it is not working either :(

ram5ay

If your power ID was fitted to the car before you got it then the wiring to this could be sketchy as the japs arent renound for their skill in fitting aftermarket stuff (although this shouldn't affect speedo operation).
Recon the speedo signal feeds from the gearbox sensor, through the dash unit and then to the ecu, so the signal probably isn't getting to the dash unit. Most likely cause of a break in this circuit would be where the speedo converter box is wired in behind the dash. I would start by checking this, and then that the gearbox sensor is ok.
As a final thaught :idea: , this might sound stupid but have you checked all of the fuses? :wink:

M

Mulisha

Yeah I dont have a fuse panel so I pulled out every fuse in the fuse panel by the drivers side, and under the hood. How many fuse panels are there. How bout this. Where is this "fuse"

ram5ay

Dont know if there is a specific fuse its just something i would allways check first. Looks like you checked them all anyhows.
Good luck.... :)