another hesitation thread

bensmith907

I know this forum isn't short on this topic but I want to be sure that I'm getting the right advice. The car has started hesitating from about 2-3.5k. Ill put my foot down and the noise from the exhaust goes up quite loud but with no real acceleration to go with it. I'm pretty sure its not a misfire however maybe I may not recognise this if it not obvious.

Other information that may be relevent-

Idle speed is quite high (1700 cold, 1000-1100 warm)
Engine is forged but running standard ECU and boost
Turbo is standard

Buckym120

What boost are you hitting when it happens, could be knock sensor picking something up. You able to check for fault codes?

bensmith907

At 2-3.5k revs- O psi boost. Another point to mention is I'm running a profec b II boost controller @0.7bar, 20% gain

chrism

It sounds like a similar problem I had when my leads were playing up. There was oxidation on the tips and after cleaning them up with sand paper it went fine again. It would rev up fine if I pressed the gas slowly but hard depressign caused the spluttering/missing. There was obviously a different tone to the exhaust noise. Check the condition of them.

bensmith907

I think I've found problem- the #1plug well was full of water. There are no fault codes, plugs are a sooty black colour(does this suggest overfueling?)

Last edited:

Fusion Ed

Probably just the water. but if you can get a pic... could be running too rich, but you can only tell after a drive at full operating temp (not at idle)