Another E-Bay manifold???

antgtir

Ive heard that the stainless steel type are forever cracking because they cant stand the heat the same as a cast iron one, may be wrong though. Always wary of these anyway.

Ant.

P

powerfreack

all manifolds will crack there is only a few that dont and i am the same i dont trust anything that comes of ebay as its full of pepole trying to rob you all the time

why not get a custom made one i think you can have a good qaulity one for around £500

but its just a fact that manifolds will crack

and beware most manifolds at a good price tend to be for a 200sx and wont fit a gtir

A

AJ4

looks like a genuine Pulsar one. But for that price... the 200SX ones go for around £90 so it would probably be cheaper to buy one of them and fiddle the flange.

DanDud

Iv seen a stainless manifold on ebay too and it says on the advert that it comes with a lifetime warrenty. Surely if it comes with a lifetime warrenty assuming the guy doesnt fook you about if it cracked it would be replaced for free? Its just weather the fella sticks to his word or not though i suppose.

Has anyone bought an ebay manifold and what sort or realistic power gains would you get? As i seriously doubt you would actually get 20bhp as the advert describes. Maybe 8 or 10 at a push i would have thought?

A

AJ4

Have you ever seen inside a stock manifold ? :D

At al the flanges there is a big lump sticking out in the airflow where all the bolts have been recessed. Also, the manifold is split inside into two chambers which both exit into the turbo through a hole smaller than the exhaust port... to make matters worse its not even a 2 way split, one side has 1 exhaust and the other has 3 so its very unbalanced.

I think any four branch at all is going to be worth a good bit of extra power, I can't understand the people that say the standard cast one is good...

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
I went down the custom route and its never cracked... A lot of it is to do with not just the type of material used but the bracing of the turbo and manifold...

Rishi

GTiR_Mic

I have an E-bay manifold, had the flange re-welded to allow the turbo to fit and it was giving a good support braket as well. Not bad for £118 delivered.

Mic