Ancillary Silicone hoses

lilmark

Hello

Does anybody know which hoses are clased as the ancillary ones as i am looking for a silicones hose kit to replace the originals i already have the coolant an boost hoses

Thanks

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
There's 2 kits, one does the rear water hoses (about 7 of them), other does ps and oil cooler I think (about 4 hoses)

vss irvine

no,

then you still wont have them all, as youve got fuel hoses, vacuum hoses and breather hoses!! the list is endless!

bopper

the 4 piece kit is crap, it does the two pipes which does the heater matrix below the plenium which is actually 3 pipes because there is a join in one of them but you only get 2 of the 3 you need, then you get two little pipes which i havent found where they go yet but i will look at the power steering pipes as i didnt think about them before.

lilmark

vss irvine - i know it wont cover all the other hoses but ive got a mate who owns a tuning garage who has got reels of different size hoses which i will be getting off him for the fuel, vac an breather, but im just wondering is it worth buying the ancillary kits or see him for them

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
bopper said:
the 4 piece kit is crap, it does the two pipes which does the heater matrix below the plenium which is actually 3 pipes because there is a join in one of them but you only get 2 of the 3 you need, then you get two little pipes which i havent found where they go yet but i will look at the power steering pipes as i didnt think about them before.
The 2 hoses (right angles?) are the oil cooler hoses. Hard to see, but it's mounted on the oil filter housing at the back of the engine.

I think the 3rd hose is in with the other 7. As you can see it's shown on Jap fast with the other rears but not European FAST. So it got put in with those (my fault as I told Odin he'd missed one of the hoses)

vss irvine

lilmark said:
vss irvine - i know it wont cover all the other hoses but ive got a mate who owns a tuning garage who has got reels of different size hoses which i will be getting off him for the fuel, vac an breather, but im just wondering is it worth buying the ancillary kits or see him for them
make sure you get the proper stuff, you need oil resistant for the breathers because if you use vacuum hose it will soon discolour and start to harden up. and obviously fuel resistant for the petrol or it will perish quickly!

most of the coolant hoses are at least 2 ply, so they come in straight lengths, not on reels.

bopper

Fast Guy said:
The 2 hoses (right angles?) are the oil cooler hoses. Hard to see, but it's mounted on the oil filter housing at the back of the engine.

I think the 3rd hose is in with the other 7. As you can see it's shown on Jap fast with the other rears but not European FAST. So it got put in with those (my fault as I told Odin he'd missed one of the hoses)

So i now need to buy the set of 7 great.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
You could always use standard Nissan hoses, after all if they lasted 12-14years the first time round, they might outlast the car this time round.