An Idea.....Altho a used one allready!!

A

a11ova

been reading thru some old mags and i came across the old pulsar thrash which was a while ago. Now im only new here as most of u know, but met a few of the lads (kieron, mark, stu, dave, lee, daz, jimmy etc etc) and i reckon it would be a good idea to organise another thrash at brunters which anybody can participate/attend. Be good chance to catch up with old faces for the older boys and a good chancew for us newbies to put faces to names.

Now granted, its not gonna be something thats organised over night, and to be honest i was thinking later this year towards the end of the show season (after jap show finale) before we put our pocket rockets away for the winter.

Could get a mag involved i suppose, get some timing gear down and see what kinda of times we run etc.

Im happy to help with the organisation altho to be honest it would prob be best to be left to one of the mods/chairman/any body with authority.

Just an idea like, so if its any good why not see what can be arranged

A11OVA

MarkTurbo

I reckon its a bloody good idea 8) I'm sure you could get quite a few people interested ;-) It would be nice to be able to use the whole 2 mile straight of Brunters instead of only half of it last time + we were going blind into the fog too :lol: The only thing is i think they're getting a bit fussy about noise limits there so that could be a problem for a few people :?

Cant believe you still want to meet up with more R owners after meeting us lot last weekend :der: :lol:

LOU ROB

I nearly got refused entry from the miserable twat on the gates the last time I went to brunters.
He said the car was far to loud.

A

a11ova

lol, u guys are more like me than u think. Also a certain person's entertainment value of offering every man and his dog out for a fight before deciding to actually beat himself is sheer brilliance. lol

come on mods get it sorted....

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I think it's abit to near the last Brunters magazine group thrash which was only in Jtuner in January.

I have heard alot of rumours about Brunters treating car clubs like cr4p as well, you only need to look for the last MLR do there. Lorries pulling out across cars doing 130mph, people getting banned for missing cones that had been moved, a full track booked before hand reduced to 1/2 a track on the day.

Alot of people are looking elsewhere.

Why not organise something at a RWYB day, it would save on the costs of hiring a venue.

Elvington would be a good place when they do one of their TOTB qualifying days and have the full set up. It's still not a cheap place to run, but cheaper than hiring somewhere I bet.

A

a11ova

anything man. Heard brunters was begining to become a bit of mare but is the usual place people use. However, anything like elvington or pod etc

should be a good laugh, just need to see what interest there is and get the ball rolling i suppose

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I think there was an attempt to organise a RWYB at the POD a few months back. That was the usual almost no show. I think a handful of people actually turned up.

It seems to be very hard to get any number of Gtir owners to turn up to these things.:?

A

a11ova

makes you wonder if they actually own one!!! Thing is i reckon if there was intertest from a mag then more people would make the effort, u know what people are like. Chance to be seen nationally with ya car etc

maybe worth looking at possible dates etc

J

jpward

LOU ROB said:
I nearly got refused entry from the miserable twat on the gates the last time I went to brunters.
He said the car was far to loud.
We could chip in Lou and buy him better ear deffenders :lol: :lol:

deank93

After the massive amount of agro i had with the magazines, especially J-Tuner when attempting to sort out the TOTB trial day i think that there is little chance of getting a mag involved, as already mentioned the sound limits are the problem.

The thing is you can drive around town all day with a really loud exhaust and it not be a problem but because a couple of local residence have complained about the noise at brunters all of a sudden no clubs can enjoy a thrash day....i even think top gear got kicked off for excessive noise.

RWYB events and track days seem to be the future....the problem then becomes the fact that not many people want to pay the sort of money a decent track day will cost and no bugger ever turns up for RWYB.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
I agree wth Dean...

Its easy to say 'lets get this organised' but the time and effort chasing mags to book out the track becomes a nightmare... Dean had one organised a while back but it just got pushed further back mainly due to their workload and also finding a suitable track... Brunters is one of many who have now enforced noise restrictions...

The other problem is getting people there... Now the problem there is that you can only book a track like Brunters within 30days of when you intend to use it... You can't book months in advance... This means that its all very short notice for people getting time off work as its has to be arranged for during the week... You can aim for a certain month but things are usually delayed or pushed back...

Rishi

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
a11ova said:
fair play, was just an idea

Well I've been speaking to Dean and we have something in the pipeline... Will let you all know when we know more...

Rishi

MarkTurbo

Does anyone know how much the Datron timing gear that J tuner used for the Bruntingthorpe thrash costs? Or how much to hire it?

T

tro||

more than a £20 laptop dance from a blonde stripper i reckon:thumbsup:

T

The Troll

a11ova said:
been reading thru some old mags and i came across the old pulsar thrash which was a while ago. Now im only new here as most of u know, but met a few of the lads (kieron, mark, stu, dave, lee, daz, jimmy etc etc) and i reckon it would be a good idea to organise another thrash at brunters which anybody can participate/attend. Be good chance to catch up with old faces for the older boys and a good chancew for us newbies to put faces to names.

Now granted, its not gonna be something thats organised over night, and to be honest i was thinking later this year towards the end of the show season (after jap show finale) before we put our pocket rockets away for the winter.

Could get a mag involved i suppose, get some timing gear down and see what kinda of times we run etc.

Im happy to help with the organisation altho to be honest it would prob be best to be left to one of the mods/chairman/any body with authority.

Just an idea like, so if its any good why not see what can be arranged

A11OVA
This is discussed every so often but never actually happens as the latest generation of R owners are a waste of space!!!
Every time somebody tries to arrange something its
1. More than 3 feet from their door step
2. Not on a day they like
3. Costs more than a set of neon washer jets
4. They might break the car they can't afford to run
5. They don't actually want to do anything, but like to moan about everybody else not getting involved.
6. Its that time of the month etc etc

Its a shame really as theres alot of people trying to make things work but the owners just don't seem interested, letting the club down as usual!!!

T

tro||

in the daz door step challenge 90% of gtir owners suck themselves off daily and are more bothered about swallowing their own harrymonk than seeing the car progress...lol

JIMMYBACK

tro|| said:
in the daz door step challenge 90% of gtir owners suck themselves off daily and are more bothered about swallowing their own harrymonk than seeing the car progress...lol
thats reminds me of conversation a few nights back:shock: :doh: :lol: :lol: ;-)