Am i too RICH?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Are you having any problems? - They do look quite sooty, but two of them look the sort of grey colour which might be normal.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
They're not great but if you say your car runs fine then it's proabbly the idle/cold running parts of your map. If it passes the MOT then its not a major a problem apart from using more fuel and rougher running than could be possible. Most tuners focus on the WOT area and the rest is whatever worked last time.

Before blaming anything, check all your mechcanical/electrical bits as something else might have changed/failed that has put your map out.

Fusion Ed

Yes that is too rich, but under what conditions did that happen? If idling for a few mins then its possible. It doesn't look like those have been taken out immediately after the car has been on load which would tell you the other half of the story.

samgtr

recently iv been using the car for work wich invloves short jorneys and really doesnt let the car warm up, so i think this may have contributed to this, also when tuned bu Lambda sensor in the turbo elbow wasnt working so was left out when tuning so i think il sort the lambda and visit Ed for a tune up.

Sam

darkyGTI-R

Have they been recently replaced or are they the old ones?
If they're the old ones i'd change them and then see!