am i leaking?

S

sweep121

When I'm driving miss daisy there's no problem but when I start to boot it it at first seems hesitant as if there is a barrier then you need to boot it right past the barrier if that makes any sense, then when it is full pelt the boost kind of woozes up and down with the occasional pop of the exhaust and psshh of the dumpvalve(which was new when I picked it up last week)

When I picked it up last week it seemed to hold the boost okay, there was a bit of hesitance, particularly in fifth gear, it got to 90mph okay but if you wanted to gradually go beyond there was a big induction noise. If you planted it it would fly off like a rocket but there's not really a smooth way to do it. Accelerating at 90mph was almost is if i had the foot on the brake and the induction noise gets deeper, I hope someone understands what I mean.

car has following mods

front mount ic
mongoose and decat
3 inch elbow downpipe
blitz boost control set to 1.1 bar of boost.
k&n induction

previous owner was going to get the uprated actuator fitted but i had itchy feet and picked it up too soon. It doesn't hold 1.2 bar of boost

is anyone familiar with the blitz boost controller? i'm not sure what the 'gain' means or what it should be set to.

is the uprated actuator easy enough for a competent mechanic to install and should that perhaps make a difference?

cheers lads

Gray

Sounds like a buggered actuator or boost leak check all your pipes

Do you have uprated fueling and fuel computer to run 1.1-1.2 bar?

rayman75

i have/had (hopefully) the same problem, and i found a hole in my intercooler pipe, it was rubbing up against the alternater bracket, so that needs buzzing up and see if that has solved the problem.

it would be alright on low boost, but very erratic on high.

my fmic is the gtir spares one.

S

sweep121

I had a good look today and where the hard pipe connects to the turbo, the 3 bolts were a little loose. that has sorted my main problem but when boosting over one bar it's a bit woozey so i'm hoping that it's the actuator as i have an uprated one and it should be getting fitted this tuesday all being well.

I have emanage and it was all mapped recently.

Ideally i'm looking to get what ever injectors are best recommended, actuator then a remap and i hope that'll sort everything including the high idle which is currently about 1500.