alternator question

NU773R

does anyone know what the connector just below the 10m bolt on the alternator does??

i got a new alternator about 3 months ago and all was well, the other day the battery light on the dash came and stayed on this plug in question was not fully in the slot so i pushed it in but it will not clip in, the light went off but while driving it last night it came back on and the lights on the car went really dull and the antilock light came on

just wondering what that plug does and if that couls be the problem

cheers

So, the main multiplug on the alternator was not fully pushed in and your battery light came on and you pushed it back in and that fixed the issue? Then you have the same problem again and by your own admission, the plug doesn't stay in very well.

Beats me, but one thing I can say with a great certainty; I don't reckon that plug's anything to do with your problem. I reckon it's your turbo playing up. Or a driveshaft.

NU773R

my main question was( if you read it) is what DOES that plug do

now i remember why i dont post on here all that much

Aww, play along, I was only teasing :cry:

It doesn't matter specifically what that plug does, but if you disconnect it, the alternator won't charge and you'll get a battery light and ABS light appear on the dash. Wedge it in so it doesn't fall out ;)

Braveheart

Major_Sarcasm said:
So, the main multiplug on the alternator was not fully pushed in and your battery light came on and you pushed it back in and that fixed the issue? Then you have the same problem again and by your own admission, the plug doesn't stay in very well.

Beats me, but one thing I can say with a great certainty; I don't reckon that plug's anything to do with your problem. I reckon it's your turbo playing up. Or a driveshaft.
I think that's a great reply to your question. Made me smile.... :lol: