Alternator Question

antgtir

Amendment - Power Steering Pump Question.:oops:

I recently lifted the bonnet up on the R for the umpteenth time lol and noticed that the Power Steering Pump adjustor bolt had no nut on the end and looked as though something should be on there :? however as i haven't really taken any notice of this item on the R im not sure whether or not this should indeed have a nut on the end or whether or not the block of aluminum on the housing is all is required.

If anyone has any pics of there "whole" Power Steering Pump fitted lol that would be of great use. Many thanks in advance.

Ant.

Last edited:

dobby

there is no nut on the adjuster. the block itself is threaded. if you need to adjust it then undo the smaller bolt that goes through the block and into the pump bracket or it wont move on the slider. me and my father just changed the pump today in pissing rain. lots of fun.

antgtir

dobby said:
there is no nut on the adjuster. the block itself is threaded. if you need to adjust it then undo the smaller bolt that goes through the block and into the pump bracket or it wont move on the slider. me and my father just changed the pump today in pissing rain. lots of fun.
I looked again last night and compared it to other R's and found that on the back side face of the bracket, on the bolt head end, there is a washer type object on the shaft (actually attached) so that is the bit which allows the bolt to tighten up without flopping about everywhere, as well as the block mentioned above, panic over i now believe that this setup is fine and bits haven't fallen off my R lol:lol:

Many thanks for comments etc.

Ant.