Alternator problem not charging help

G

gtirkelso

hi my gtir is not charging iv changed the alternator and the light is still on can any one help its of the road more than its on lol cheers:cry:

andygtir

check the wiring going into the alternator, mine became brittle and needed replacing as it wasnt charging properly. it was inside the connector it had snapped

jjs

sounds more like it could be a problem still with the alternator may be the wiring , i take it you live in kelso, im over in chirnside could take a look if you want to pop over,

G

gtirkelso

Thanx for the tips guys I will check all the wiring again tomorrow to look for those problems.

Thanx for the offer to have a look JJS but my surname is Kelso, I actually live in Essex, lol. Always fancied going to Kelso tho, is it worth the trip??

Cheers
Dawn

jjs

it is a bit of a small country town, worth a look if you are passing ,but wouldnt come all the way up especially LOL.but they have the BMF bike rally there in august. it ok.

Last edited:
P

pulsarboby

gtirkelso said:
Thanx for the tips guys I will check all the wiring again tomorrow to look for those problems.

Thanx for the offer to have a look JJS but my surname is Kelso, I actually live in Essex, lol. Always fancied going to Kelso tho, is it worth the trip??

Cheers
Dawn

did you buy the alternator from me (think day before christmas eve)?
if so either bring the car down to me and il take a look for you, or if you can trace no wiring or connector faults, then i have to assume that the alternator i sold you is also a duff one:oops: it is possible, as not all cars are running when i get them in!
also was the battery dasconnected when you fitted the new one?
if you can bring it back i will either sort you another one out or give you your wedge back, cant5 be fairer than that can i!

nitrosgti-r

yeah make sure your battery is dis con before you dis con the main alternater plug of that could spell disaster ;) Check the fuses too.....

G

gtirkelso

Thanks for the advise guys, Bob managed to sort my boyfriend out with a new alternator for me, which fixed the problem, Thanks Bob, cheers Dawn