alternator belt part 2

bopper

Hi all just wanted to reopen this topic as the first wasnt that clear. I worked out that without aircon the belt is gonna be 6ply between 830 and 850. Well want the aircon out this week so has anyone got the exact size thats needed.

stumo

I use an 850mm belt.
You might be able to use something very slightly shorter but when i went to get something to fit the factors only had an 850, it fitted so i didn't bother looking for anything else (length wise).

Last edited:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I have an 845 on and when I got my clutch done I left him an 825 to try, he said it was to short.

The belt can be 4 or 6 rib. Nissan show a 4 ply belt, if you can get 6 rib, go for it.

A

AJ4

I've got an 825. A bit tight, but the 845 kept slipping and I couldn't adjust it enough. Seems like luck of the draw...

6Miester

I removed my A/C this weekend and so needed a shorter belt. You don't need a 6 groove belt, 4 will do.
Like Stumo said go for a 850mm one.Maybe 845mm would be ok too but no shorter imo. I went for the Halfrauds cheap option part number HB850e which cost about £6-7 its works fine!

bopper

ok well thanx all, theres still a little difference in opinion but im gonna get a 6rib 845 and see wot happens

B

Binny

i'm using a 4 rib 835. the length is perfect but i'm having problems with my alternator at the moment which could turn out to be the belt slipping. i'm going to change mine to a 6 rib 835 to eliminate the slip problem.

binny

J

jpward

stumo said:
The 6 rib is only used when there's aircon , not needed if you don't have it.
Think you'll find your wrong as it will squeel like a bitch!

Use the 6ply 830 designed for the murano locla factors should have it works a treat ;-)