Alloy rads on ebay.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Are they any good; their other kit for the Pulsar (like the tubular manifolds, and their intercoolers) don't have a very good reputation? - It's an honest question.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Mass imported Chinese rad's.

No idea on performance, but must be better than the rubbish we have now.

Just wondering how long they would last, the quality of the materials and design?

Braveheart

Mass imported Chinese rad's.

No idea on performance, but must be better than the rubbish we have now.

Just wondering how long they would last, the quality of the materials and design?
I'd give it a whirl if I did not have the Koyo.... and as quoted, sure it's better cooling than the OE rad.... may not last 14+ years though..

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I'm not. I'm using the Sunny radiator instead, but I've read people say that you can get a Koyo aluminium radiator for the price of a Sunny one from Nissan.

Perrin21

I managed to get a new 2fast2cool rad off eBay for £87 tonight. Seemed like a good deal, not heard any reviews of it though.

Perrin21

Ok so the new 2fast2cool radiator is on the car and working perfect. Again Spikey gets all the credit for making this happen so painlessly as it wasn't exactly a straight in job.

Spikey noticed the following issues.

Some welds were a bit messy but nothing to worry about.
The screw holes for the fans had no thread, Spikey cut a fresh one.
The radiator doesn't fit correctly at the top, however it mounts fine at the bottom and is secure.

And now the good bits.
It's in and working perfectly.
The standard fans still fit although only just.
Looks awesome :)
None of the issued were insurmountable by Spikey, all in id say it took about an hour to fit. I'll post some pics of it in if anyone's interested. Spikey you Rock buddy :)

Last edited:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Isn't that boost controller around the wrong way? - Don't you want the spring to hold against the boost pressure rather than the actuator because this way the boost is holding it shut rather than letting it open?

Maybe these are old(er) photos, but weren't you having problems getting it to control the boost?

skiddusmarkus

I can see why you could take the top off your actuator from these pics too, loads more room than on mine where its partially obscured by the gearbox.

Perrin21

Isn't that boost controller around the wrong way? - Don't you want the spring to hold against the boost pressure rather than the actuator because this way the boost is holding it shut rather than letting it open?

Maybe these are old(er) photos, but weren't you having problems getting it to control the boost?
Lol wondered if you would notice the boost controller. It was my fault. Spikey switched it the correct way after i took the pics lol. Holding the boost was down to the weak actuator spring.

Last edited:

stumo

If the rads are anything like their ex-manifolds it'll be shite and rupture in 500 miles LOLz