Alloy Radiator

webba23

Does anyone have any ideas where I can get a reasoablly priced alloy radiator from. Have done a search but would prefer to buy from uk.CheersMatt

webba23

Just found a Koyo rad for about £240 delivered to the UK. Is this a decent price and are these any good?

webba23

Odin said:
Yes Koyo rads are very good I use one myself ;-) .

Depending on which one you go for you might have to remove the drivers side fan, Mine is 53mm thick but I believe they may do a thinner one.

Your other option is to use the also very good all copper rad available from Absolute radiators, Which is twice as thick as the standard rad so you will be fine with both fans, That's the option I'd go for matey as you can have one delivered to the UK for around £125

Rob
That's the way I'm going to go I think. I was actually looking at their site earlier and was wondering if that one would be a good way to go. Can't really knock a price like that. Have e-mailed them for a price on the postage.As it's a direct replacement I pressume I'll be ok to use my existing fans and just bolt it in.

LOU ROB

Odin said:
Yes Koyo rads are very good I use one myself ;-) .

Mine is 53mm thick but I believe they may do a thinner one.

Rob
I have the thinner one fitted in mine and believe you me, it was a pain in the ****.
The rad hose inlet and outlet were tiny, so they had to be modified and the neck that the rad cap screws into is fragile as fook, so I have to modify it again now with a custom made filler neck.

Apart from that, I found the cooling property to be miles better than the standard rad.

webba23

Going to go with the cheaper option that way I'm left with more money to see about a bit more power. Do you know what this company are like for delivery times?

webba23

Odin said:
Yes I bought my 53mm one from them, Vince is a top guy to deal with.

Delivery will take 12 days and they wont mark down the value because of insurance, But the service is top notch :thumbsup: .

Lou, The 53mm rad I have and the copper one are an exact copy fitting wise as the standard rad, all the hoses outlets are the same size as standard to.

Rob
Just trying to order and it won't select UK as a destination and asks you to contact them. Did you just mail them then?