All Systems Go Go Go+mot News Update

P

pulsarboby

took the R out today on its first run after rebuilding engine and box etc!
and guess what! no oil or fluid leaks anywhere, everything is a ok:thumbsup:
took it up my mates garage and he gave it a thorough going over for the mot which took about 30 seconds lol
and off i plodded home not going above 3k rpm at mo untill its done 500 miles, will tax it tomorrow and start running it in:-D

one thing i did notice however, after fitting big discs and calipers, is that they only just clear the 17'' fox alloys, edge of caliper is only 1mm away from inner spokes:? thought there would be at least 3mm clearance!

another bit of news is legislation regarding mot's!
someone put a post on here recently regarding the cat test, stating that any import over 10 years old does not need one as its not part of the mot!
well i looked up in the mot book and it states that you need written proof from vehicle manufacturer, stating that the said vehicle will not meet current emissions test in the uk!

if you do not have this then its quite within the testers rights to fail that vehicle if it a) does not have a cat fitted.
b) does not meet the legal limit on emissions or noise

if the vehicle is pre 92 then cat test doesnt matter anyway!
just thought i would enlighten you all with that info, seeing as im in a good mood:lol:

P

pulsarboby

certainly is jim! still got lots to do though, but just glad it all seems to be running fine, normally get some teething probs, but so far (touch wood) spanners can stay in van:-D

P

pulsarboby

wont be ready for that kev, still needs running in injectors, z32afm etc etc fitted and mapping done before it goes on rollers!
by the way, will put your plug back in post this week, 2nd one was right!

O

Odin

the chief said:
think thunder pants has that letter

Yes I got a letter from Nissan UK stating that my car was for the Japan market and couldn't pass a uk cat test, So should be treated and tested as non cat equipped vehicle ;-) .

Rob

P

pulsarboby

not that it matters to me rob! but was it hard to get that letter or did they give it over freely without grabbing them by the epiglotumus lol

M

m34ts_pulsar

cool mate, its good you have you R back on the road.

yeah it was me asking about the cat... my stainless mongoose exhaust is being fitted this friday... i think ill put the cat on just to be safe, neways my R is a 1994 so i best not be naughty:p !!

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Odin

m34ts_pulsar said:
i think ill put the cat on just to be safe, neways my R is a 1994 so i best not be naughty:p !!
My car is a 94 L reg to fella, No R needs a cat to pass the M.O.T. If the tester fails it take the matter to the head tester for that county, And get them to kick his ass as I did with my local tester :lol: :lol: :lol:

And pulsarblobby, Nissan where very helpful :shock: , All I needed to do was give them my chassis number and proof of ownership, And they sent me out the letter :thumbsup: .

Rob

M

m34ts_pulsar

ritey then so u suggest i leave it off then mate and it will deffo pass its mot?

P

pulsarboby

you need that letter or a tester can fail vehicle legitimately at their own discretion

M

m34ts_pulsar

ill get in touch with nissan then mate and leave the de-cat off. ive got ages til my next mot neways!!

nice one AL.:thumbsup:

P

pulsarboby

perhaps rob will send you a copy of his if you ask him nicely:-D

O

Odin

Make sure you contact Nissan UK at their head office, This isn't something you're local dealer will be interested in sorting out for you, All import Pulsar's should be able to pass with out a cat fitted but their are some dumbass testers out their :roll: :der: , Who think they know it all when its plain to see that in fact they don't :roll: , You should of seen the pervers pleasure I got from seeing the face of my local tester once the head tester for the aberdeen area phoned him up while I was their to kick his ass :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

chrism

Odin:There was absolutely no way in hell that you´d get a pulsar thru a mot here in sweden without a cat.I had to buy one and install for the mot. Cant you come over and give em a good telling?