aircon belt

dobby

Hi guys,

i tried to get an 835mm 4 rib belt on the alternator today and did it go on? did it fcuk. i had the alternator all the way down on the belt adjuster. the how to guide says an 845mm is loose in wet and an 825mm goes on but a bit tight. my 835mm aint going on thats for sure. have i done something wrong?

cheers

mark.

G

GTI-R Kid

Different people are finding that different lengths suit their applications. I've seen some say the 825 belt is perfect, while others swear the 845 is the one to get.:noidea:

Personally, I'm going to measure the length of mine before buying a belt. That way I won't end up getting frustrated when the belt I buy doesn't fit.;-)

Paul20

i have just removed my air con and replaced belt with the 835 (nissan sr20 original) belt. i had same problem at first, belt wouldnt fit so i took the whole adjustment screw assembly off so i could move the alternator just a few mm more. once the belt is on, the adjustment screw will then go back on. bit of a tricky one
Paul

G

GTI-R Kid

dobby said:
i hear you but why would people need different belts when its the same car?
To answer that I'd only be guessing. Minor wear on pulleys? Stretching or compressing of screws? Could be a lot of things unfortunately.

dobby

i tried removing the belt tensioner but that didnt help much. the belt was still far to small to get on the pulley.
i've now got a 853mm belt. will try to fit this tomorrow as i'm pissed off working on it atm. if it turns out to be too big then i'll get a smaller one.

cheers

mark.

Paul20

your best bet mate is to get the original nissan one as it is meant to fit without the air con pump. im sure it is 835 or 830.

stumo

i used an 850, the one from nissan for the UK cars won't fit as that is what i tried first.

you could possibly use something slightly shorter than 850 (845) but you'd be surprised how much a few mm length will make a big difference on the car.

Paul20

the sr20det block minus the air con pump uses the same belt as the sr20 block, so nissan informed me, and it works for me. hop eyou sort it one way or another