Air temp sensors

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Anyone on here got one of those units that reads inlet/outlet air temperatures. I want to take 2 air temp's readings, from the inlet & outlet of the intercooler. If by some miricle you have got something like this, do you remember where you got it from.

Steve

ChrisS

I have 2 temp sensors linked to a digital display where the centre vents used to be.
I have one externally on the intercooler to give the temp there, simlar type of probe to the external temp sensors you can get.
The other is an inlet temp sensor fitted into the plenm.

Not sure where they're from though. Maplins or somewhere like that might be a good place to look.

Dooie Pop Pop

this is your lucky day :D

its a bit of Westach avionics stuff i got from a guy at a company called

Acro engines and airframes ltd
2 wrentree close
redcar
TS10 4SB
01642 470322

to make me one up :D it has two probes of about an inch or so with an 8th npt fitting. 52mm gauge comes with a lighting kit not sure which colour' s

he did say he' d get more than one kit made up and it' d sit on the shelf if not sold but that was a while ago.

i did post about it on here but people preferred a cheaper digital single output option which one of the ford motor-sport company' s do.

i' ll try and dig it out (not fitted yet) and sort you a pick.

just found receipt its £90 all in, not bad for an aeromotive level gauge really :)

Dooie Pop Pop

it looks like the bottom one with the top pics face if you get me :lol:

cant remember the guy' s name but i should imagine he' d still have the other one.

hope that helped :mrgreen:

Stu

boucherie

theres a bloke on ebay that sells digital temp sensors for bout £30. the display is about the size of a lighter and the temperature updates every second. my mates got one fitted in his gt4 and it does the business and im gona get one in the next couple of weeks or so

Dooie Pop Pop

boucherie said:
theres a bloke on ebay that sells digital temp sensors for bout £30. the display is about the size of a lighter and the temperature updates every second. my mates got one fitted in his gt4 and it does the business and im gona get one in the next couple of weeks or so
ok till i put my poloroids on :(

you got a link for those Boucherie?

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
boucherie said:
Can you get a link please.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Yup, that the one's I was after but after seeing them they more gimicky than I remember, I wonder how accurate they are ??

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Stu, I contacted Acro Engines early last year about the same thing, the only issue I have with the one they supply is the guage is in X100 and .03 degrees is going to be blo*dy tricky to read on those gauges.

Nice gauges though :wink:

MarkTurbo

Dooie Pop Pop said:
i' ll stick my my ones then....15 secs :shock: a lot can go pair shaped oin that time :lol:
Yeah it is a bit slow :? Nearly as slow as you getting off the line in your R