Air intake!!!

ki_saj_ng

i was just browsing on the type r owners club and found this quite interesting.

some people on here install a cold air feed for the air intake by running pipe work from the vents in the bumper to the filter.

these guys actually run the pipework down to the vents in the bumper and place the filter there!

http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=42029

thats the link, scroll down the page to see installation pics, i dont know if this is good to do with the R but thought id run it past u guys to see what u think!!!

saj

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
There is a factory cold air feed from the wheel arch as standard and assuming you don't remove it, it will still be there for an induction kit. It isn't that big a feed tho :?

Keira

and if you check the how to on the gtiroc home page in information you will see how to do a better one :wink:

J

jiw

and no we do not want to join the civic type R owners club, its for girls :lol:

Had to poke my nose in :roll:

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
Only thing if you mount the filter in the back of your bumper...all the rain, salt & cr@p off the roads will get picked up by the filter.

At least if you have some ducting that runs up from the brake duct or bumper opening water wont get sucked up by the filter and a lot less cr@p will make it to the filter.

Just my 2p's worth :)

The guide that Kieron mentioned is top notch.
My induction runs from the back of the passenger brake duct and up. :D

donpulsar :)

ki_saj_ng

tru thing about the road crap that it will suck up, seemed like good mod at the time but all makes sense now :D

il have to cross that mod off the list then!

saj 8)