air filter for z32 maf??

S

str_motorsport

i am go9ng to fit a z32 maf on my gti-r and need a filter and adapter...which brand to go for?
i just need to buy the kit for the 300zx car?
ot he 300zx has 2 mafs and 2 filters?
i would like to fit the hks filter..i know it is not the best for filtration, but i only have limited space and the hks filter is short and will fit.
so i just need to buy the filter kit for the 300zx?
thanks

GINGA

the Apexi kit for the R will bolt straight on iirc with the R adaptor removed, I just redrilled my Blitz filters adaptor plate to the z32 mafs holes to fit mine.

C

Crazy

Are you sure Ginga :?:

I bought a GTiR Apexi filter for my Z32 AFM but the holes did not line up so that was a waste of £55, its still sitting at home brand new in the box :(

(So is my Z32 AFM) :oops:

C

Crazy

It did not come with one mate, thats the problem :(

I was told by Matty-GTiR that they do not come with one due to being a replacement element :?

Would like an adaptor myself, thats the only thing stopping me from getting my Z32 AFM fitted :)

mattygti-r

they DONT come with adaptors , just to clairfy from my understanding.

Apexi Induction kits comprise of.....apexi filter, adaptor for MAF, gasgets, and a few screws etc.

what people are saying to fit the "replacement element" to the Z32 MAF, whcih is just the "Bolt on" filter, ie shoudl be used when you already have the GTI-R apexi kit,

the z32 maf is bigger obviuosly than the GTI-R one, i was lead to believe that these fit (apexi gtir) fits the z32 , hence which is what i said to crazy that i wasnt 100% sure

mattygti-r

what ginga is saying i believe is that he already had the blitz GTIR induction kit? which would have had an adaptor plate. so just re-drilled the holes to match it

skiddusmarkus

I've got a Blitz Z32 filter and it has an alloy adapter that also tapers smoothly down to the diameter of the MAF.I don't think you could mock one like this up without some decent tools/skill.
Making up a basic adapter is pretty easy though if you can weld.To make a welded one,I cut a cone shape out of cardboard and made it so that it was the filter diam at one end and the MAF diam at the other.It took ages to get this right as when you change one you change the other too.Then I cut a plate the same shape as the end of the MAF and got my dad to weld it all together.Looks rubbish,works well.
Also,if you can get some plastic tubing the same diameter as the filter then you could make one by joining it to a a flat peice of plastic the same shape as the MAF.

M

Mr Overboooost

speak to DISCO DAVE as he makes a custom air filter which fits straight onto the z32 as he did one for me a while ago

cheers
gary

GINGA

Crazy said:
Are you sure Ginga :?:

I bought a GTiR Apexi filter for my Z32 AFM but the holes did not line up so that was a waste of £55, its still sitting at home brand new in the box :(

(So is my Z32 AFM) :oops:
Hmmm Memski said his apexi filter bolted straight onto the z32 maf :?

R

RA boy

If it helps, the z32 MAF uses the same housing as the 93-96 Impreza (JDM and UK) and also 97-98 UK.

Paul

S

str_motorsport

for those intrested, after a few researches on the net i have decided to fit a unifilter uniflow induction kit.
it has a very good price(approx 40£)
it is a foam filter, with alu maf adapter
here is the link

http://www.uniflow.com.au/

S

str_motorsport

sorry price is 70£ including shipping from them to italy.