Air con charge problem

boucherie

After recently putting the front end back together ive connected up the air con again and purchased a can of air con gas. i went to charge the system up, undid the low pressure side and it has a 'screw' fit fixing whereas the air con gas has a bayonet fitting, as does every other air con gas bottle ive looked at since.

Is this me just being stupid or is there a bayonet fitting somewhere where i can connect this all up??

Why do i fear that the car will have to go to nissan to be done 'properly'!!?!?!?

O

Odin

I think something else needs changing as well dude, You can't get the gas that the pulsar came with when new anymore.

Rob

boucherie

yeah i think the original gas was R12 or something (bad for the environment etc etc!) i dont fancy replacing bits on the air con for the sake of it so maybe id better start making some calls as im sure that im not the only person to have a imported car who wants to get the air con done!

SickBoy

If you ring round and speak nicely some will still come and fill with R12 ..;-)

Mine cost me 70 quid :shock:

But its so cool :lol: :lol:

Lee

A

AJ4

stevepudney said:
Air Cons for nancy boys anyway.
yep, in two weeks time you'll have your heater on full blast to defrost the ice from the windscreen, so no point filling the air con now :thumbsup: