Air con belt without aircon

Chiffs

Want to remove my aircon compressor therefore need a shorter belt.

Can I use the uk R non ac belt?

Saw a thread about using some 825 (length) belt from halfords but cant find it anymore :roll:

thanks chiffs

A

AJ4

yes, the uk belt is fine.

The Halfords 825e belt is quite tight, you'll probably have to pry it on with a screwdriver, with the alternator screwed in as close as possible. The next belt up is the 845e, which is a bit on the loose side, even with the alternator screwed all the way out :(

Also, the Halfords belt is only a 4 rib belt, whereas the Nissan belt is 6 rib, and probably a better fit..... I've got the Halfords 825 on mine, but wish I'd forked out and got the Nissan one, as I think I may be knackering my alternator bearing... :(

JIMMYBACK

yer the halfords ones are shite :oops: they slip all the time so buy a decent 6 ribbed nissan one just to save your hearing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
AJ4 said:
Also, the Halfords belt is only a 4 rib belt, whereas the Nissan belt is 6 rib, and probably a better fit.....
The Nissan Aircon belt is 6rib. The Nissan non aircon bet is shown as 4rib in the manual. As long as the belt is tensioned properly it shouldn't slip wether it's a 4 rib or 6rib :)