Aftermarket forged pistons

Which aftermarket pistons would you fit?

• Trust

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jun

• JE

• Wiseco

• Arias

• Other brand (please state)

• Which ever's cheapest :D

• Total voters
M

memski

We know the stock cast pistons are made by Cadbury, but do people have any preference over the aftermarket forged pistons?

S

Sirnixalot

Mem...i know the stock pistons are cast but....a chocolate company! They arent THAT bad :wink:

toughy.....depends on where you want to shop i suppose. The big jap names is what you really pay for. Personally i would get JE or Arias out of the US.

Arias want US$600 or 380gbp for a CUSTOM set of pistons, wrist pins AND rings. Thats any compression ratio you specify as well...like it says custom. I wanna see anyone get a set of the Jap pistons for that price.

Im calling JE later on today as well to find out their price. But for now my vote stands with Arias, JWT in the US use these extensivly in their built motors with no hiccups yet.....it doesnt hurt that Arias have been doing this since 1969 either

J

J-GTi-R

Has anyone found out the crack with the Weisco pistons and whether or not they do 'R specific sets (i.e. with the oil squirter channels)?

J

J-GTi-R

Ah, that's a convincing arguement not to use them. Shame, they were THE piston kit to use back in my motorcross days... :cry:

Jobi Joba

Great topic!!I have to choose mine at the mo' ...and Checker has no more HKS nor Tomei.Checker told me Trust (Greddy) were as good as others but I really don't know...Is there someone who has already tried it?

Or should I try to find HKS or Tomei in another shop?

S

Sirnixalot

Interesting tidbit of info......Wiseco makes Trust/Grex/Greddy pistons BUT ive never heard of the Trust/Grex/Greddy ones failing so there might be something different with their ring placement and design?