after removing clocks

Paul20

right, i have removed my clocks as my speedo has been dropping and coincidently its been hitting a limiter of some sort. anyways, i have checked the circuit and all seems well. my problem being i dont seem to have a delimiter/converter wired in. whats going on there?? i have icluded some pics if anyone can shed some light on the matter?
cheers

Last edited:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If you are delimited, than have a look in the engine bay

Just in front of the fuse box on the left hand side of the picture, my origional delimiter was wired into where you can see the red wire that's been cut and re joined. The delimiter was a black box not much more than about 1" square.

Paul20

i will check it out and see what my findings are. its definately delimited or converted of some sort as it used to rev as much as i give it and the clocks have got the 180mph dials/sticker on it.
cheers

Paul20

checked in the engine bay and your right 'fast guy' theres a little box spliced into the wiring in a similar to position to yours. next question is, can you check the device for voltage to see if its nackered or is there any other checks? if its nackered, do i just get a new one from somwhere and wire it into same position or does it need to go behind clocks? thanks

youngsyp

You could take it off altogether. If it's knackered, the car will behave the same. If it's not, the car will behave differently ?!

Paul20

i think its looking like im going to have to buy a new one and see if it solves it. are there any still available that go in the engine bay or do the majority go behind the clocks?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It's the same one, just wired into a different place. Did you find your old one? Have you disconnected it to see if it was the problem?

Paul20

i havent disconnected it yet as its all soldered in at different places. do you recommend i disconnect and go for a rev somwhere and see if it still limits itself?

Last edited:

Paul20

i have removed speed converter/delimiter and have no problems now, apart from the obvious of it now reading and clocking up in km. guess i need a new one. can anyone point me in the right direction or is it an ebay job?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I got mine from James at IP on either here or the other site, but I haven't seen him around for a while.

Paul20

just had a quick look on ebay and there is one for £25 from a company called elite international. think it may do the trick.