Advice on installing GFB atomic boost controller.

M

madcabbie

Hi guys,

I just got a GFB single stage boost controller. And just want some advice on which hose to go where.

I have included the boost control diagram.

http://www.villagephotos.com/members/viewimage.asp?id_=10293223

I am sure someone there has one on ther gtiir or knows which one goes where.

thanks guys.

Oh yeah. I also bought a new boost gauge. Can I just divert the old plumbing to the new gauge? Or should I run it all new?

Thanks

Dave

M

Mart

Can't see the pics, u have to log in.

You can just re-plumb the standard hose no problem

S

skar

:D

make sure you block the hose that returns to the air intake.

and don't do what i did... make sure you change your fuel filter and get her dynoed to check that the fuelling is ok at the higher boost. It turned out i was running REALLY lean because of my tired fuel pump and blocked up filter.

You can use the original plumbing for the new guage, just check the connections are still good.

-kon

p.s- fit the boost guage before the boost control :oops:

M

madcabbie

Thanks skar.

Regading the hose going from the gbf (not to the W G actuator), is that going to the air duct(wording off diagram) which is big piping going onto the turbo.

What did you do to block the hose to the air intake? i take it that the intake hose that needs to be blocked is the one going to the intake manifold on the diagram, where a T piece was used , but no longer needs to be used.

Or do I have it all wrong?

Regards

David

S

skar

ok now u have confused me... lol

remove the T-piece and the hose that goes into the factory boost solenoid (that thing with the red/black plug in my pic).

the hose that runs from your throttle body, under the cooler should plug into one end of the GFB and the other end of the GFB to the actuator at the bottom of the pic.
You wont need to use the hose that comes with the GFB. (I used it to plumb up my boost guage :D)

There is one hose that leads from the solenoid back to the intake between the air filter and turbo. I cut it in half and stuck a screw in there to block it, or u can just bend it in half and cable tie it :D

let me know how it goes

-kon

M

madcabbie

Ok, thats what I was trying to work out. The second hose i was thinking was running to that pipe from the air intake to the turbo. So that is what i need to block off. And where the T piece currently is, i remove and place the new GFB controller in there.

Yep I got it now.

Thanks for your help mate.

Since you are so helpfull i wonder if you have an easy way to install the extra boost gauge. I was going to put it where i have the coin holder next to the mirror switch. But to access the boost from the boost sensor, would it be easiest to remove the TMIC and plenum to access this sensor pipe?

Cheers

dave