advice needed

T

the one

I been advised to get rid of my mines ecu and HKS EVC and swap them 4 a standard ecu and Apex AVC-R, not sure what to do, plz help

Keira

but your the one.. :lol: ..the one and only.. :lol:

surely you should know the answer already oh great one :lol: :lol:

T

the one

only had R 5 months, am the one when comes the ways of life

Keira

your mines ecu will run a more aggressive ignition and fueling map than standard, the evc i couldn't comment on as i've never used one, but it'll do what most people use the avcr for, i.e raising the boost, it just doesn't have as many features as the avcr iirc

who's telling you to swap ?

T

the one

a bloke from mega mods, seem to know what he was on about, just after other opinions, reckons it will run loads better with the standard ecu and avcr,with the avcr i got more control over the car, what u think :)

O

Olly

stock ecu and boost controller is a provern more reliable option,

mines ecu (mapped on jap fuel remember) and more boost is risky seen them get into trouble like that. Mines ecu don't work with that apexi poo safc thing very well either but thats not your problem..

Shame we can't remap the mines.... :roll:

Keira

the one said:
a bloke from mega mods
let me guess, he's got a standard one he'll swap with you then try to sell your mines ecu on for near on £400 or something silly :lol: sure i've seen them up for that on his advert :roll:

do yourself a favour and sort your own ecu out and sell the mines yourself if thats what you want to do. It plugs in, no hassle to change what-so-ever

The avcr does more than change boost, it can give you gear or rev based boost increases/decreases aswell as displaying different readings, throttle position, injector duty, revs etc.etc. Very easy to set a timed overboost aswell. I'm sure it does some other stuff but cant remember.

as olly says the standard ecu does work aok, mine was fine fueling wise at 1.3bar with front mount and water injection, car made 340bhp, 309lbft.

i think shaun is up your neck of the woods, he can do any work you may require if you cant do it yourself :wink:

T

the one

he had a mines ecu 4 sale for £675 not long ago, i think i will go 4 the standard ecu and avcr. who's shaun (not a sheep i hope!!!!) :D :D thanks for your help :D :D
he also said hybrid front mounts are not very good, i was thinking of getting one don't know now though :D

pulsar_stu

the one said:
who's shaun (not a sheep i hope!!!!) :D :D
lmao thats what me and my brothers call him

Shaun is xerlent with "R's" mate he looks after 9 "R's" now and a couple of scooby poo's He fits boost controlers and also fuel computers :wink: aswell as frontmounts and other after market goodies, Cheeper than you will find aswell :wink: