Adjustable FPR on high capacity injector

cmng

Just wondering for those have upgrade to high capacity injector
like SARD 700cc or Nismo 600cc injector on OEM fuel rail ,
do you all use Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator or OEM stock ?

Just wondering whether i should upgrade to Adjustable one when i upgrade my injector that time.

Current Fuel pump is Walbro 255

Thanks

S

Sirnixalot

i would suggest the nismo adjustable FPR....it fits exactly where the standard one was. Its only really needed for fine tuning though.

cmng

thank..

i already have the Adjustable FPR
just wondering i should use back OEM FPR or retain my adjustable FPR

the standard OEM FPR rate is 3 BAR on idling right ?

Hkondakci

About 2,5 to 3 bar is right. But if you have an adj FPR, than use this one, could never harm, you know :) . You can always extract some extra HP by winding the fuel pressue on the top of the injectors, not to much around 4 to 4,2 - 4,3 would be more than sufficient, otherwise heating up the injectors will be a nasty side-effect, not good. FPR is handy as helpfull mechanical fuel adjuster, but not THE essential part in your fuel supply; good and large enough injectors in combination with a upgrated fuel pump that holds fuel pressure and good amounts of fuel supply at higher than 3 bar fuel pressue (like the Bosch units) are the most eminent parts. Also when upgrating your fuel system don't hesitate to get better fuel lines form the fueltank to engine; the supply line is most important to be changed by a larger diameter (and even by a braided line) when seeking good power gains (400hp+), the back line (from engine to fueltank back) doesn't need to be changed, even upto 500-550hp levels, its a big enough diameter for its purpose by factory. One little problem in your fuel supply on full load, will mean in most cases bye bye engine. :cry:
rgds
habib