actuator pipe work?

D

danjcotta

Can someone tell me how to route the actuator pipe work as I'm trying to put it back to standard and I've forgot.
The pipe work was altered by hiteq to bypass the solonoid valve so it'll run 1bar boost.
Since my R engine has died in spectacular fashion (long story but basicly a garage left the bolt loose that holds the inlet cam chain pulley on, hence now dead engine) the garage that messed up may be sending an insurance assesor out to see the damage and I thought it best if I made it as standard as poss.
The less things the insurance company can moan about the better..

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
danjcotta said:
The pipe work was altered by hiteq to bypass the solonoid valve so it'll run 1bar boost.
Before you alter it, tell us exactly how is is plumbed in at the moment.
(as a few people want to know, to do theirs :wink: )

Basically, the restrictor pipe comes from the plenum to the metal pipe on the top mount, then from that pipe to a t-piece near the wastegate actuator, it then splits, one hoes to the actuator and the other one to the boost solenoid.

D

danjcotta

Basicly from the T piece one goes to actuator and the other goes to the plastic inlet pipe between the afm and the turbo. Then the solonoid is linked together with a short piece of hose.
I take it as standard you have 1 going from the solonoid to the T and the other leaving the soloniod goes off to the inlet pipe?

D

danjcotta

Ahhhh nice diagram.. cheers It has all become clear :idea: ..

Yes the 2 on the solonoid are connected together with a small loop of pipe. Mind you don't make it to small because mine kinked and for some reason it lowered the boost no idea why because it is just connected to itself but it did, just thought i'd warn you..

Thanks alot matey