ACL Race main bearings std too small

Thor

Hi,

how is it possible that i can´t fit the ACL race bearings std size on my crank? So they are smaller than the Nissan OEM main bearings.

cheers
Sascha

Thor

oh that´s angry. ok i think that is the only way to make the engine complete but why make ACL so much sh*t?

frit

i had the same problem too. ended up torqueing the mains up one at a time to work out which of the bearings were causing the trouble then swapping them around until it was ok - fucking annoying though

stifler1603

i just rebuilt my bottom end and i also have the same problem without torquing the bolts the crack wouldn't turn seems like the acl standard size bearings are too small. where can i buy the nissan oem main and rod bearings with the right colour codes?

Trondelond

Had absolutely no problems with mine and the clearances were spot on, unfortunately I can't find the part number I used :(

CruiseGTi-R

ACL Part No.s I used, fitted fine on std crank (not re-ground etc):
ACL Main Bearing Nissan SR20DET GTIR
(5M2975H)
ACL Rod SR20 GTIR STD 19mm Wide
(4B2976H)
ACL Thrust Bearing SR20DET
(1T2964)

gtirx2

I had a simular problem once but with the standard nissan bearings,it would turn fine until it was tightened to max torque on one of the caps.

Turned out the line bore of the block was slightly out,maybe another thing worth checking?

CruiseGTi-R

Is everyone actually checking clearances to work out the right bearing grade, like it says in the manual?

I can't remember whether the ACL bearings come in different thicknesses or not.

stumo

the ACL's just come in one std size AFAIK

Nissan std bearings come in several std sizes, you have to look on the block and crank to work out what's needed.