ABS code check

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Sounds to me like you've got a crossed wire somewhere; the light is one because it's getting a 12V feed, but the ABS isn't? - That would be consistent with the fuse constantly blowing.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Possibly the Engine Control Unit; you know that little box which is the brains of the car.

Geo3

Cheers for diagram. Even if I pull blade fuse and green square fuse out under bonnet light permanently on. Ecu fuse also blows when switch on ignition so guessing related anyone had this before?

Geo3

ok i have come to conclusion there is a short to earth on w/g wires from diag plug that spurs off to feed engine ecu and abs ecu and it feeds fuse under bonnet. Has anyone come across this before and is there any known wiring faults? Can not find clear wiring diagram in manual for this. Any known issues?????

geoff pine

geo3 You might want to check that you have replaced any earth wires you may have undone when you put your battery in the boot . It does sound like you have disturbed a connection some where if all the earths are in place. I am making the assumption that it was not blowing fuses before you moved the battery.

Geo3

I'm assuming it wasn't blowing as found fuse blown when searching fuses. Only earth I moved was main earth lead. Even if I remove fuse under bonnet abs light stays on permanently ???

Geo3

No one ever had this? No fault error codes on Ecu or abs ecu and consult won't talk to car. Fuse keeps blowing?

geoff pine

The abs light will stay on until you fix the fault its designed that way!. When you first switch on your ignition the abs light comes on the abs ecu then goes through a diagnostic check(in a couple of seconds ) the abs light should then go out if it detects there are no problems .It does not look like you will fined the wiring fault your self just get hold of an auto electrician cost you an hours work maybe around £45/£55 . But he or she will sort your fuse problems :thumbsup:

Geo3

Ok disconnected hid power supply at junction box I put in to move battery to boot and guess what abs light gone out!!!???