950 bhp gtr

Mad

I was down at Surrey Rolling Road today to have some mapping done on my car and did some filming of a Severn Valley Motorsport GTR running Syvecs.

End result was 950bhp running 1.85 bar. They did try at 2.0 bar but they couldnt keep the power down so left it at 1.85bar.

Dan (red reading) was down there and we both left wanting a GTR more than ever.

I also saw one of the gtir NME cars which was on the rollers. I didnt see the end result but nice looking car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNHadIuFRrM&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSV3ePwhaCM&feature=youtu.be

red reading

You saw j2nme abi mahmood owns it now and they couldn't get it to run right due to issues with ignition or something.....and yeah the Severn valley car was awesome, 950bhp and 850lbft of torque on pump petrol at1.95 bar....they actually couldn't go any further for risk of blowing the gearbox.

red reading

And yes I want one! The chap from Severn valley was a nice bloke too....very informative about the cars there doing at the moment...

Mad

A truly awesome car, I want one more than ever now.

Mine went well. Ed was testing out the new system before we start pushing the boost up and running the nitrous but made 486bhp at 1.5bar so was very happy with that.

P

pulsarboby

yeah mines been done by svm also with the 650bhp conversion, I can take it to 750bhp with a minor tweak which I may do later this year if I manage to control the 650 ive already got on track lol
they truly are ballistic flying machines, the acceleration on these cars is mind blowing and im not just saying that because im lucky enough to own one

vpulsar

I have to ask myself what's the point ? you can't use it on the road it must be a right bloody handful to drive and cost a small fortune to run, Not my cup of tea these days, Must be getting old, Same goes for my brother he just got his Audi RS4 back with over 660 bhp at the wheels now he's had the super charger fitted that must be more than a handful as well lol

P

pulsarboby

for once in my life I actually do agree with you on this one lol

I almost lost control of mine the other day when I dared to use some of the power on tap and it scared the crap out of me to think I was gonna put 40k worth of metal into the kerb on a dual carriageway as the ass end started kicking from one side to the other:der:

im saving the power for our sprint day on a big airfield where I cant hit anything other than a few cones, once I know how the cars gonna react and I can control it then il put my foot down on a proper circuit.

but what you say is true.......with a lot of people its just a case of saying 'well ive got the power' facts are though that theres very few that can handle it if they are honest, those that think they can more often than not will learn a very short sharp lesson.......a lot of these cars are now being smashed up, one guy the other week never even got his home after just buying it before he lost control on a bend which resulted in car being totalled and that was a stock 520bhp 2010 model

Mad

Cheers ed, I couldn't think of an easy way to explain that without writing an essay

950 is certainly a lot of power for the road.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Bobby, what tyres are you running, I've not given it much thought but is part of the problem with grip on the UK roads tyre choice? The OEM tyres look pretty dry biased so I can imagine on a cold damp day they are not effective. Lowered stiffened suspension would only exacerbate the problem.

It reminds me of the M3 CSL which in its day was incredibly effective at the ring because of the semi slick tyres but most owners don't run them on the road as they found them too much like a nankang on a cold wet morning.

On the not needing 650hp, of course you don't what's your point :?:lol:

You don't need 750hp either but I bet you're tempted :twisted:

Mad

From what I have heard, the syvecs traction control system works very very well. Not cheap but well worth it.

P

pulsarboby

yes what you said earlier jimbo regarding the tyres is very true. im running the original dunlop runflats and the rears are now down to wear bars too so on damp cold days im not gonna get traction on what is predominantly a rwd car.
a lot of people are switching to 315mm rears using the pirelli p series tyres which i was gonna do but i may hold off and see what the above are like in the dry in the litchfield link you just sent me, thanks!

trouble with the cobb access software which im running is that at the power the cars running at its over riding traction control so makes the car very twitchy coupled with the naff back tyres.

750bhp this year???...........well we will see lol, its a greedy game with bhp and as said its always nice to have but on the otherhand its useless if you cant control what youve already got (which i cant at the moment)
god knows what it must be like with one of these running 950bhp:shock: thats like another pulsar power chucked on top of my 650, all too much for me im afraid but then im knocking on a bit now and aint got the balls i used to have:lol:

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I expect there a few other tyre options out there as well, this was literally the first link I clicked.

I just changed the rear tyres on the M3 :oops: from badly worn conti 5p's to some new GY AS2's. I looked at the Michelin SS but reviews showed the AS2's as marginally better in the wet and the 30% premium for marginally better dry grip wasn't worth it for me. Tyres are subjective and though I like the Conti 5p's I've swung back to my Goodyears again for everyday use.

The difference in tyres is marginal but I am considering swapping the fronts for the AS2's even though there is 5mm left. I guess for you if you change the rear tyre type you need to do all 4. Gets pricey quick. It sounds like a good plan to wear out your rears on track and make the call.

P

pulsarboby

yep its a tough call as the dunlop fronts are brand new and at £500 a corner there not cheap.
i may just swap rears first with another make and see how she handles then renew fronts once the dunlops have had it, or i could always flog them on as they are almost new and renew the complete set mmmm! decisions decions lol