700cc and upping fuel pressure

GTIR-LOZ

hi my 700cc injectors seem to be maxing out at high revs i dont really want to spend out on a new set of injectors especially as it seems larger ones need the rail drilling out or different plugs etc so i thought i could just raise the fuel pressure to 4 bar how do you work out what to enter in the power fc to compensate with this i assume you have to just set the injectors as being larger than they actually are but how do you work out what size is needed to be put in

many thanks

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Do you have to change the settings at all? Upping the fuel pressure will add fuel everywhere in the rpm range, so it should give you the fuel you need at the top end, but you might need to take fuel out lower down. A remap would probably be adviseable.

Try asking micra ed, he will know far more about this than I do.

GTIR-LOZ

i thought if you setup the sizes as larger then the fueling will be the same everywhere and then just add some more where its needed

Fusion Ed

To an extent yes. But the latency will increase that will alter the map slightly as a whole. As usual its not as simple as that.

GTIR-LOZ

is there some formula to work that bit out, as cant you then just adjust the latency in the fc injector settings also