54C Crank and 53J Crank.

C

Chineyman

I have a 1990 Nissan Pulsar GTIR with the original rnn14 engine(GTIR engine). I so happen to damage the crank by running the car low on oil which caused the #3 bearing to be damaged. The main bearing and conrod bearing was fused together unto the crank, therefore making it unrepairable. I was contemplating if it is possible that a non turboed sr20crank (53J) is interchangeable with my orginal crank (54C). I'd like to know as soon as possible. Thanks.

radiobar

hi !

as far as i know its a different crank,it also has smaller bearings etc.

if you need a crank,conrods,pistons please contact me at
radiobar@gmx.net.

i have everything for sale.

bye.

C

Chineyman

Have you tried it or know of someone who has tried doing it before?

peterkiwi

I know know of some one who has just put a primera sr20 crank in a GTIR Not back together yet but if its ok i'll let you know. Hopefully so cos thats what i'm going to do with my spare engine.

C

Chineyman

radiobar said:
hi !

as far as i know its a different crank,it also has smaller bearings etc.

if you need a crank,conrods,pistons please contact me at
radiobar@gmx.net.

i have everything for sale.

bye.
What's the price for everything? List each pricing.

C

Chineyman

peterkiwi said:
I know know of some one who has just put a primera sr20 crank in a GTIR Not back together yet but if its ok i'll let you know. Hopefully so cos thats what i'm going to do with my spare engine.
Has it been done yet?

M

mark gtir

there the same bearings anyway cause a while back i bought oversize ones ant on the box it said for sr20de no t so that would make me think the crank is the same

dave

i bought a 3/4 of engine (block without head) from a U.S. 200SX SR20DE Low port, i'm in the process right now, the crankshaft accept fine the rods... main journals are the same regarding to the specs of ACL main bearings the only difference between normal SR20 and GTIR SR20 main bearings are the oil holes, so i think its better to use the GTIR bearings...
about the rods, we are able to use any SR20 rods, rods journal and crank rod journals are the same wide and stroke the only difference are the bearings, so if you are going to use S13 or SR20DE rods you need to use 17mm bearings, if you are going to use Pauter X or GTIR oem rods you need to use the 19mm bearings, pistons are the same and stroke remain the same... flywheel adjust greate only thing is if you use 53J or 2J2 (SR20DE or S13 crank ) you need to use the specific flywheel bolts of they because GTIR crank use an specific wider bolts 54C flywheel bolts

good questions here are how the 53J Crank it's going to perform?

- less, same or better TORQUE? the 54C original crank more heavy than 53J crank but more heavy than 2J2 or Primeras P11 crank. (as i know heavy means torque.)
- a light crank will give us more HP? nice incresing RPM?

we will need to test and check... maybe an upgrade or downgrade? comments are apreciate... thanks in advance!

Last edited: