315bhp - 0-60 in high 3 possible?

S

Stoned

Assuming I can find a quiet stretch of road i'm gonna take the G-Meter next weekend and see if I can improve on the 4.33 I did with 260bhp or so.

Is it possible to get a very low 4 or high 3 with 315bhp do you think?
Normal gearbox, now fidanza flywheel and a harsh launch :lol:

O

Odin

I'v got under 4 seconds to 60 with 311bhp :wink: That was on a g-metre as well :D .

rob

S

Stoned

Supposed to be accurate within two tengths. On another forum people found it was matching up with the times they were running at Santa Pod so I think they are a useful yardstick if not watertight.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I think it's possible. If you get a perfect launch and run and your car doesn't weigh over the odds.
I tried a couple of launches on my car today, but the roads were too greasy and I was lighting up the tyres :?
I have an old style G-tech and I've had a 4.3 to 60 as well on it ( needing 3rd for 60) I'll see how I do tomorrow :?

M

mozza

car

would you able to get many sub 4 sec launches on the standard gearbox though :? :lol: :twisted:

O

Odin

GINDA said:
vpulsar said:
I'v got under 4 seconds to 60 with 311bhp :wink: That was on a g-metre as well :D .

rob
Don't you mean Skiddus did :wink:
Nope it was all me lol, I got a faster 60 foot time than skiddus :wink: :lol: .

rob

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Stoned said:
Is it possible to get a very low 4 or high 3 with 315bhp do you think?
Normal gearbox, now fidanza flywheel and a harsh launch :lol:
See the J tuner thread for your answer :wink:

I did 4.0s with 2 gearchanges and I wasn't fastest to 60 with my sort of power (ie less than 300bhp)