3071GT vs GTX

red reading

Best select the right one as surge will become an issue if the rest of your setup does not match it, but they are very good on our cars.

whytie

I've heard it's around £1500 I've not actually phoned them to ask though.

Forged pistons, stock cams
800cc injectors
custom built manifokd
3" inch exhaust

what should I look at to help me make my choice,

red reading

Cams, cam timing, comp ratio, compressor and turbine map, you will also need an inline filter in a braided oil line from Owens to feed the turbo, stock location and t25-28 flanges are ultimately restrictive on exhaust flow and 450 is a struggle to get unless everything is spot on, highest on a set up like your was 463 at 2 bar. .63 exhaust housing is restrictive as well .

whytie

To be honest 450 is not that important, just want it running smoothly.

Would the normal 3071r with the 84 trim be better suited.

I don't have the experience to say which is the best route.

red reading

If power is not that important , .63 ar gt3071r with bronze bearing cage conversion with a anti surge inlet housing, and if you got a decent set of cams and set them up properly it would work very well.

whytie

Thanks I'll contact Owens and see what they say.

Out of curiosity why not the gtx version ?

What cams would you advise

red reading

Cost, and the turbine side is ultimately the restriction on a t25 foot print turbo, cams anything that is road/rally and has a power curve that is rated to the engines rev limit...so 2-7000rpm , but you will have to get vernier wheels and get them set up correctly buy an engineer with dial test indicators, a lock stop and timing wheels....with out doing It right you might as well not bother.

whytie

Id rather spend that little bit extra to do it right than regret not doing it after.

what cams would you advise