300+ bhp with the stock afm?

S

sandman-r

I've had a lot of people tell me that a major bottleneck in the intake tract of the R is the stock afm, and if I should ever hope to reach 300+ horses, then I should replace it with an afm from a TT Z32... but I was wondering if it'd be worth the expense or would my money be better spent elsewhere... also have an fmic, gt28rs turbo, exhaust and fuel system upgrades in the works... any opinions on alternative courses of action ?

P

powerfreack

the standard maf is normely good for around 350bhp@flywheel

the z32 is a good upgrade but i wouldent worry about it till you reach around 350bhp

olso depends on what ecu you plan to run as some dont need a maf

daz

all this talk of what stock bits are good for is all rubbish as no one really knows. mine runs 370 bhp on standard maf injectors and manifold basically a standard engine just with a front mount turbo, 3" downpipe inc elbow( the janspeed one) and unichip been like that for 2 odd years with no engine issues. Yes the maf will be a restriction no doubt about that but the main restriction in the sr20 engine is the turbo elbow as it cant flow more air than 1.2 bar of boost. had a mate with the stock elbow on and wanted the boost up to like 1.3 1.4 bar and it ran less power than at 1.2 bar because it could not flow the air quick enough. me personally though i will be going down the motec route as then i can run a map sensor and get rid of the maf altogether as if it breaks and have to buy new from nissan they are 500 quid plus vat

Last edited:
O

Odin

Once again the standard injectors wont run a true 370bhp not with out higher than standard fuel pressure.

Rob

J

Jim_1979

How much does a second hand z32 maf set you back normally?

P

powerfreack

around £100-150 all depends if you fall lucky

have a look on the 300zx owners club

marcymarc

mattygti-r said:
i have some in stock

Mattys definition of in Stock = in a cupboard in his bedroom next to his sock and pant draw (at his mums) :roll:

I have to laugh at matty :der: :lol: Strange kid to say the least :lol:

T

tro||

marcymarc said:
I have to laugh at matty :der: :lol: Strange kid to say the least :lol:
not as strange as some weirdo that owned a shed of a gtir for about 5 minutes but doesn't anymore, then pretends he knows anything about the car, then pretends to wants to buy someones car but cant until his daddy says its ok for him to go get it, then blows them completely out whilst still talking shite on the internet :der:

now thats strange :lol:

GtiR`BoD

"then pretends to wants to buy someones car"

tro|| i thought you was the so called *punctual* person on the site your english sucks ass! :der: :lol:

T

tro||

GtiR`BoD said:
"then pretends to wants to buy someones car"

tro|| i thought you was the so called *punctual* person on the site your english sucks ass! :der: :lol:
i've been on the troll juice :lol:

T

tro||

GtiR`BoD said:
oh.....by the way c0ck gobbler, if you want to be a smart ass make sure your 100% correct first. :lol:

' thought your were the so called' is correct, not...

'thought you was'

the troll juice has worn off, so i'm back to my punctual, grammatically correct self now :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

marcymarc

tro|| said:
not as strange as some weirdo that owned a shed of a gtir for about 5 minutes but doesn't anymore, then pretends he knows anything about the car, then pretends to wants to buy someones car but cant until his daddy says its ok for him to go get it, then blows them completely out whilst still talking shite on the internet :der:

now thats strange :lol:

Amen troll :lol: cant fault a word you said there mate , keep up the good work ;-)

T

tro||

well lets be honest....

its a pretty sad day when the premier, at least what should be the premier gtir based website has people that dont even own the car as one of their most active advice giving members, especially people that are in a dream world and waste other members time and then ignore them when they get pulled up on that fact

it wouldn't have happened in the good old days:thumbsup:

marcymarc

tro|| said:
well lets be honest....

its a pretty sad day when the premier, at least what should be the premier gtir based website has people that dont even own the car as one of their most active advice giving members, especially people that are in a dream world and waste other members time and then ignore them when they get pulled up on that fact

it wouldn't have happened in the good old days:thumbsup:

*sigh*

Right i stopped myself from getting into an arguement on your other post , but here goes,

Ill tell you whats sad, YOU! , lets think about it, You come on here with one intention..to rub as many peoples backs up as possible, You obviously have another username but choose a double iddentiti :roll: If choosing to Troll this forum as a pass time is not sad then i dont know what is mate:der:

When have i ever professed to know anything technical/mechanical R related?? (never)
I do how ever profess to know alot about the history of the GTiR and how much the cars sell for (in uk and japan)

So what if my R was a shit*er , im getting another and its gonna be a minter , mark my word.

The thing is mate im not no little muppet,ive been spending on cars since the day i past my test , I spent £11500 on my first car at 18 mate, at 21 i bought a £14500 sti type r v5 , Dont make out your some big time bad boy :lol:
Ive spent more on Fookin motors in the last six years than you have in your life.

T

tro||

looks like i've got a bite :thumbsup:

marcymarc said:
I do how ever profess to know alot about the history of the GTiR and how much the cars sell for (in uk and japan)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thats nice for you, maybe you could write a book with all your knowledge :der:

and on that note...

bye, bye

Last edited by a moderator:

marcymarc

cry baby who fooked the site off just because someone said something he didnt like said:
thats nice for you, maybe you could write a book with all your knowledge :der:

and on that note...

bye, bye

Oh sorry , i forgot you are the car master , just because youve had a few Rs mate and youve got a fookin bannana thats taking forever to build :der: