2006 BMW 330Di

P

papdog

You'd be suprised what you can do in gear with a new diesel. I had someone in a N/A 300ZX the other day in my 140 bhp Seat Leon TDI, just accelerating on mid range joining a dual carraigeway. Most people seem to forget, torque is what pulls you along the road in a hurry, not always BHP.

Graham

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Standard would beat it off the line if it takes 6.5 to 60, but over 1bar to match it on the go (without seeing any midrange figures for it)

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Packing comfortably more power than the original M3, this car also churns out a huge torque figure of 369lb/ft. Lets consider that for a moment. Think of a powerful sports car; a Porsche 911 Carrera S for instance. This manages 355lb/ft. A TVR T350 manages 350 and a Ferrari F430 a mere 343.
So your saying a 1 Bar R (What would that be ummm........280 - 290 bhp and 250 - 260 ftlb) would match this lot :lol: :lol:

Carl I know your some sort of super hero and all that but I think even you would struggle in a 1 bar 15 year old rust bucket R to keep up with any of the above in a 1 bar R :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Well, I can beat all of them to 60 (no surprise there) they all beat me to 100 bar 2 out of 3 Carerra models, so it would be close on the move (60-100) assuming they can drive to the book figures, I know mine will do it in under 6s.

My lorry will have more torque than the BMW, but that on its own means nothing

PS, I did say OVER 1bar, that's quite a large catchment area considering some run 2.5bar :nerner:

PPS I also said without seeing the figures

MarkTurbo

Fast Guy said:
My lorry will have more torque than the BMW, but that on its own means nothing
Exactly 8)

Torque isnt everything, it probably is fairly quick but its a big heavy 4 door saloon that weighs about 400 kg more than an R, it wouldnt take a great deal of power to beat it :lol:

abyss

diesels are the way forward my favorite diesel has to be the scoka fabia Vrs totally underestimated can be tuned to over 200bhp. Jabba motor sport are currently tuning one of my mates cars to well over 250 bhp and 600lb/ft. according to my mate with a 400bhp mr2 turbo, handles like a boat but its like a torpedo in a straight line bascially he said its to quick tears the tyres off in every gear.

O

Odin

My brother just dropped a new 510bhp :shock: engine into his Skoda Octavia RS ;-) ......

I haven't got much info about it because we haven't spoken to each other for over two years :oops: , But my step dad told me that Jabbasport built it and got the power figure from an engine dyno, Apparently he's having problems getting an exhaust to flow well enough for those power levels, So is having one custom made....

Do they make a 4WD drive one, Because 510bhp and front wheel drive would be fun :shock: :lol: :lol:

If I get anymore info I let you lot of loser's know :thumbsup:

Rob

CruiseGTi-R

I have enough trouble warding off stock Octavia RS's, the diesel ones :oops: :oops: .

I've had two kick the shit out of me:oops: :oops: , they've become my nemesis :twisted: .

LOU ROB

I have a seat ibiza cupra 160tdi.

160 bhp, 250 lbs of torque. 0-60 in 7.6 secs and tops out at 140 mph. All this with 50 mpg.
A £500 custom code re-map can take these beauty's to 210 bhp and 320 lbs of torque, thats without upgrading anything (apart from having to upgrade the clutch after the original one wears out.)

Mr GTiR

LOU ROB said:
apart from having to upgrade the clutch after the original one wears out.
I've had the same on the wife's Golf GT TDi, 130bhp and 300 lbs of torque 8) The car is less than 4 year old with 30k on the clock and it's on it's second clutch :evil:

Just to add my MD has the BMW 535 CDi and feck me it's quick :shock:

P

papdog

I'm getting a new Seat Leon FR TDI 170bhp in September as a company car and that has more torque than a 911 (can't remember which one), so should be interesting having a play with that when it's run in!

Graham

azboy

on .9 bar i beat a 3.2 evo m3he got head start 3 car legnths without launch i over took him at 115 mph so id say a m3 evo would cane 1 of these so id say less then a bar will beat 1.

abyss

GtiR`BoD said:
yea i like them scoka`s :lol: one problem iod like to point out though..... there shite!
obviously never driven a new scoda. The build qaulity is better than volkswagen and there cheaper.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
papdog said:
I'm getting a new Seat Leon FR TDI 170bhp in September as a company car and that has more torque than a 911 (can't remember which one),
now race the Porsche side by side to see if the theory above holds up (more torque = more acceleration) ie you win:)