2 Fast 2 Cool Ebay Manifolds.....

5GTIR

Hi there, I was wondering what the general views were on the 2 fast 2 cool stainless manifolds that are always on ebay. Has anyone got one? had one? no someone thats got one, basically are they any good?. I now its not going to be as good as a DP item, but are they worth there £150 price tag?

GTIR-LOZ

ive had 3 and they have all cracked my last one just got thrown in the bin, others have had no problems they need bracing as well otherwise they will fall apart and i dont think the ports are the same shape as the heads exhaust ports

davey red.r

standard manifold is often overlooked they are good for 400bhp and never hardly any issues with them, ie cracking,and if your plans arnt above 400bhp,
is it just the shiney chrome bling you want it for?

davey

5GTIR

Thanks for the info so far. I'm not in the slightest bit interested in chrome bling, only performance gains. I am aware that the standard manifold can flow enough for over 400bhp so I understand, all I want to know is if their are any performance gains to be had by using this manifold which is far more affordable then many others out there.

GTI-R-LOZ, did you notice any increase in performance when using the manifold?

snoon

agree with Davey, if your planning under 400 horses then standard is the best you'll get for it's price tage of £0 because you already have one.

And if going for over 400 BHP then stop being a tight wad an buy a proper job!

gtirjoey

i bought one it never cracked, but i will say the welds on the inside are a disgrace i was running 340bhp i put standard back on and it seemed to pull harder mid range

GTIR-LOZ

to be honest i had perfomance loss as the exhaust gasses kept leaking out the manifold before it could get to the turbo lol

snoon

GTIR-LOZ said:
to be honest i had perfomance loss as the exhaust gasses kept leaking out the manifold before it could get to the turbo lol

Bet they don't write that in their ebay advert :lol:

5GTIR

Excellent, job done, question answered..................dont get one! Thanks for the responses, I'll now looking into modifying the standard item. Thanks again

J

jpward

gtirjoey said:
i bought one it never cracked, but i will say the welds on the inside are a disgrace i was running 340bhp i put standard back on and it seemed to pull harder mid range
Probably due to the runners being of larger ID and therefore lower gas speeds but you should have seen better results top end.

I will agree mine needed a lot of finishing work to remove snags and then the ports were round and not oval :doh: but sorted and then wrapped pics in the gallery.

;-)

Matty B

A friend of mine bought one from e-bay, it lasted 700 steady miles before cracking and leaking. He had it welded and wrapped and so far so good. But he's only done another 1000 miles with it on.

I

irishjohn

i'm staying with the starnard manifold as they are stout pieces of kit..i am sending it out with the head to have it extrude honed just to clean up any casting marks on the inside and smooth the flow. has anyone tried extrude honing the standard elbow to see if any gains result?

EVOBAD

no gains what so ever stick to the strd mani only start looking at these when your well over 400bhp the only thing the cheap manis do is look better than the strd ones sop save your money buy somthing worth while

youngsyp

irishjohn said:
has anyone tried extrude honing the standard elbow to see if any gains result?
That's a very good idea and you'll certainly see a reduction in spool time and slightly better response but, don't expect miracles.

It's definitely worth doing though and don't forget to lag it, along with your elbow and down pipe, when you put it on the engine !

I've got to finish porting my stock manifold and get it on the car. From the 2 ports I've started though, a lot of material can be removed !

Paul

dannogti-r

South Wales Rep
i had 1 on the car when i bought it an its been fine. i have sorted the welds on the inside of it though!

in conclusion 2fast 2cool mainfold yes or not?

when I install the EGT..on what cilinder I can put the sensor of EGT?

anyone has got pics about 2fast manifold?