2.2 stroker best kit and where from

gtir303

as above im going 2.2 and im wondering what is the best kit and and where i can get one from at the best price

cheers

carl

S

stuart rawlinson

gtir303 said:
as above im going 2.2 and im wondering what is the best kit and and where i can get one from at the best price

cheers

carl

Farndon engineering is where i got mine from they do one offs that will match your needs

Very deep pockets are needed as there really is lots ov things that sld be done as well steel liners, sort out the compression, ete,etc,etc

Stu

JIMMYBACK

stuart rawlinson said:
gtir303 said:

cheers

carl

Farndon engineering is where i got mine from they do one offs that will match your needs

Very deep pockets are needed as there really is lots ov things that sld be done as well steel liners, sort out the compression, ete,etc,etc

Stu
speak to rishi stell liners not needed :wink:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
JIMMYBACK said:
stuart rawlinson said:
gtir303 said:

cheers

carl

Stu
speak to rishi stell liners not needed :wink:

Depends on the state of the block...

If its good then why weaken it just to strengthen it up again... The std block already has steel liners... But because these other liners are thicker you need to bore out alot further and weakening the block just to then fit thicker liners...

Not needed unless the block bores are in bad shape or unless you are fitting larger that 87mm pistons...

Its not like liners are expensive anyway... £35 each... £200 all in and fitted...

Rishi

C

carpy100

have read that you might not get all you pay for if you go tomei :!:

Dooie Pop Pop

why buy a stroker anyway? :?

peronally id rather build a 2litre engine that revs to 11k+ rpm. you' d get much more out of it than just stroking it.

stu

Rishi

gtir303 said:
might go for a bore kit now to be different 90mm pistons different linners not sure yet :lol: :wink:

You'll defo need thicker liners if you want 90mm pistons....

Rishi

Cris

Dooie Pop Pop said:

peronally id rather build a 2litre engine that revs to 11k+ rpm. you' d get much more out of it than just stroking it.

stu
Less torque though.

Less stress on the valve train too...

Rishi

Cris said:
Dooie Pop Pop said:

stu
Less torque though.

Less stress on the valve train too...

Well not really...

You''ll increase your torque throught the rev range provided you have the right turbo... But then if you didn't have the right turbo you wouldn't be reving to 11k rpm...
You'll make the torque but just higher up...

You'll probably find more stress on the valve train... With higher reving and boosting cars you need stronger valve springs and longer duration cams to cope... So there will be more stress not less...

With the Stroker you won't be able to run as high up the rpm range... 7200rpm is the equivilent of 8600rpm on a stroker... So if you run the rpm too high in a stroker then the piston speed becomes to great and it will break up...
Unless you know of a piston manufactur who make pistons with thicker walls... :wink:

Rishi