182 182 185 90 compression my second engine blown ?

skprod

Hi,

is there any issue with the gtir cylinder 4 ?
(the cylinder near distributor)

I got two engine, and both have the same compression on this one ! about 180psi on each others, and 90psi on the last one.

At the last check up, coolant was okay , oil too, so i espect something to do with valve or rockerarm ?
i did not rebuild my first engine with that compression due to the milage i decided to change the motor... but now, i got two block with the same prob.

Do someone already had this prob??

Thanks

That is the furthest cylinder from the water pump so by the time the coolant reaches that part of the engine it's at its hottest. I think most head-gasket failures are in this region due to this problem (on all types of engines).
My mate had similar compression probs on his engine...... a few months later the head-gasket went.
In your case, could be worn rings or worn valve seals. Or the head gasket slowly on it's way out?

red reading

Or a injector fault to do the same on both engines, and the hotest cylinder is not 4 the coolent does not flow the way you think.

Trip

even a non existing spark on Cyl4 will cause damage if the old ignition system was used.