16" or 17" wheels?

S

str_motorsport

hi, i want to replace my 15" wheels with some 16 or 17 ones....
i like the 17,cause they will really fill the arches, but i am afraid they will be too big, causing driving problems....
what do you think?
i believe 16 would be better for fast road driving...
and my 15 speedline corse comp 2 in white will be for sale....pm if you are intrested!!they are like new

C

Crazy

str_motorsport
i believe 16 would be better for fast road driving...
True 8)

str_motorsport
i like the 17,cause they will really fill the arches, but i am afraid they will be too big, causing driving problems....
what do you think?

They do fill the arches nicely and do not cause any problems, try and look for light weight 17inch alloys.

S

str_motorsport

so for just the look i should choose the 17...they look so cool...but for the handling??are 16 better???

D

Dee 1

I belive that 15`s are the best for alround but for me they just look way too small, so go for something in the middle imo and as light as poss :)

M

memski

However much everyone says about 16s being so much better than 17s, I've had lightweight rims of both with low profile tyres and there isn't much in it. If you're serious about your R get some 15s, doesn't matter otherwise.

S

str_motorsport

i already have 15 on my car, with 205-50 rubber...but they look a bit small, and a lower profile would be better....cause the 50 allow too much flex....

JIMMYBACK

str_motorsport said:
i already have 15 on my car, with 205-50 rubber...but they look a bit small, and a lower profile would be better....cause the 50 allow too much flex....
thats exactly why i went on to 16"s the side wall flex has near enough gone :D

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
Go for 16s'...best compromise between handling and performance. 17s' will tramline more than 16s'.

Dooie Pop Pop

16' s if i had to choose one or the other. 15' s are my personal choice, one of the best things iv done, switching from 16' s to light 15' s imo that is :wink: looks come secondary

A

Anonymous

The 17's on my R are fine. They didn't spoil the handling, nor do they tramline any more than smaller wheels.