1 of my fans not working?.......

A

Anonymous

One of my fans aint working, As you look at the car from the front the left sided fan is not coming on. Any ideas what the problem could be? Bearing in mind I'm a novice and don't know where to start!. Also could I have any major problems driving round with just 1 fan (as long as I take it easy?)

Cheers.

A

Anonymous

I know it must be a loose wire or something (not had a proper look yet) but does anyone know if both fans work via the same fuse?

A

antilag

the average r will b fine on one fan the thing to do wud b to run wires off the other fan conector to the non working fan and then u will no if its the motor or the wirering the fans are on the same fuse id say

G

GartracS2

Both cooling fans should switch on when aircon clutch is activated.

J

jasegould

Which is why only one may be working when the engine gets warm??

G

GartracS2

Yeah i think all nissans are the same really. The easiest way to check is to see what voltage your getting at the non working fan then work back to the fusebox from there. I would imagine they both switch on from one switch. im not sure off the top of my head if there is 2 seperate fuses i.e something like Rad Fan 1 Rad Fan2? Just look under bonnet in the slim fuse box to see if one has gone. Other than this maybe a wire chafed through or even the actual fan itself.

**Maybe you can try to test the none working fan by disconnecting working fan and popping some wires into the ends of connector of working fan and touching non working fan whilst switching on the aircon. Could be easier than trying to find a wiring fault? ;)

A

antilag

my car had aircon removed and as far as i no they both turn on together wen the car gets hot

A

Anonymous

Cheers guys but I think I'm going to take the car in, I'm pretty useless myself at stuff like this. Also I've now noticed that the one fan that does work comes on straight away from cold!?

geetee

Isn;t that safe mode or limp home mode - the fans run all the time?

Have you done an ECU fault code check?

Cheers
GeeTee

A

Anonymous

Nope for some reason the fans were rigged up to the ignition so whenever i started it up the came on!, sorted now both working fine although the guy did recommend that i get a new drivers side fan, can I get a single one of do I need to get the whole unit?
Also at what temp do the fans kick in?

Cheers

geetee

The fans come off separately.

Why do you need a new one - does it work or not?

Have a look in GTiR Spares section for 2nd hand bits n pieces or speak with ur friendly ( :lol: :lol: ) Nissan dealer.

Dunno when what temp the fans cut in..... my water temp gauge is stuck at 1/3rd permanently. :?

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

A

Anonymous

It does work but he said the fan is a bit lazy? make of that what u will!

A

Anonymous

My Passenger side fan has almost seized and won't come on... its very difficult to turn by hand - bearings gone :(