£1-2k gtir needed.

Superduck

Friend looking for a track/project car.

Don't mind if standard, really looking for a good base car, would be an advantage if had good brakes and suspension.

craig

Spud

Looking for 1500 for mines in Kirkcaldy fife, there's a few pics on my post a few days ago

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
£1.5k!!!! :shock:

It's worth much more than that pal!

It's about time people started to ask for more for these, so much car for pittance... :sad:

PlayaDaz

Only a newbie here and all, but i aint new to car prices. My pulsar is an early 90 and now qualifies for classic insurance, along with the fact its the quickest out of all the classic retros (not to mention 4wd) means in my book its due a much deserved revival. I bet these are 5k cars in not too long a time. I have more and more ppl asking me about mine, and how u dont see many about. Tracking them takes even more off the road, and added to that ins write offs\scrapped cars etc means £1500 notes does seem cheap. Just my opinion

warpspeed

5k? i think 8-10k in a few years for good pulsars and 8-15 for good sunny's and mint ones even more

houghy_1

There just isnt the crowd like the one that follows Ford an VW to push them that high in my opinion, 5k i can see happening.
I mean i saw a good condition H Reg Fiesta XR2i going for £4.5k local to me and that went quite quickly:shock:

Superduck

We all wish the gtir's will be worth more or end up a good collector but they don't have much heritage all they have is being a good/fast car. I thought the same when I was into early evo's, that someday these will pick up value, even bought evo 1 and 3 rs's which are rare but didn't do that well with money in the end.

I remember buying my mexico 15 years ago for 2.5k and it was just a shell and everyone thought I was mad, it had 40k and had been in a garage in Southampton all its life I now hope its worth 10x more. I only wish this would happen to the gtir's.

I wasn't looking to buy a perfect gtir just something to make into a track car, wasn't meaning to de-valve these cars or upset anyone.

Craig

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I don't think anyone's taken any offence, the value of our cars is always a sensitive issue for people. You make accurate points Craig, I think very few classics achieve values any better than if you just put the money in the bank for 20 years.

lakeview

In the uk I don't think the gtir will ever be worth much
Too many listen to rumours of a friend of a friend had a gtir and the gearbox broke ect ect
In the uk we seem to like cars of certain makes regardless of how shit the cars are they make

Spud

I agree that the gtir is worth well more than even the best 1s go for, these will be worth a fortune very soon, so your advice is true and car is still underpriced but im only selling cos i have to and i recon its 1 of the very first umbrella models left 131 off production line £1850 now and no offers

PlayaDaz

It's all good bro. No one is taking offence, were just trying to get you a better price for your car..lol. I suppose you can only sell a vehicle for its current worth anyhew, as future values are just predictions anyway. On a side note, have you driven a so called "fast Ford" recently. Unlike fine wine, they have not aged well.

Superduck

I love my gtir in a diff way, nothing bets the gtir pound for pound and I just don't understand how its so good on the track and why so many others don't use them.

I thought this with early evos till I drove my 1st gtir.