Your Nissan umbrella for my bumper guard

Hardy172cup

I think the umbrellas are stupidly over priced too but if they are fetching a good £100 these days then just imagine what they will sell for in 10 - 20 years time ;)

Even though I never use the umbrella I still went and got one for my R because it was missing and I didn't like the empty holder just sat there holding nothing lol

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Mine is missing, but I don't want a 20-year old, oil-stained, umbrella enough to pay £100. - £20 is about all I'd pay, but I think I'll just modify a £2 one from somewhere like Ikea to fit.
I'd just put my coat on! ;)

scoobykiller

Umbrella's are just overly priced would never pay £100 for a brolly when I can buy a normal brolly for a couple of quid
I think there are few members with the hype of umbrella's at the moment these members are the ones pushing the prices up on them as they are paying ridiculous money for a brolly once they leave the scean the prices will come right back down as no one will be willing to pay £100 for an over priced iteam
just my 2p worth
no offence to any members in here.

vpulsar

No offence taken you're entitled to your opinion mate, But I think you have it wrong. The people who are paying the money and pushing prices up are the true collectors and will be the ones who still own there cars long after the rest of you have moved on to an Evo/Skyline or what ever. And then there are some long term owners who just don't give a monkey's about having a brolly or not, I bought 3 myself two to use one for spare and I also look out for other rare stuff to collect but I wont be selling any of it on for a profit.

Rob

Umbrella's are just overly priced would never pay £100 for a brolly when I can buy a normal brolly for a couple of quid .

You have missed the point completely, it's not about having any old umbrella.

You have/ had a winter green gtir because you wanted something, hard to get hold of/ different/ rare/ maybe worth more in the future/ paid over the odds for it?

The same with the umbrella, now I am not saying I would pay £100, but if at a price which I think reasonable I would buy, or in this case, hence the thread, swap for my bumper guard.
The modifying days for these cars are slowing down for me, just building an Oem specification Sunny with as many optional extras as I can.

p.s can't believe we are having this conversation btw, 3 pages.
It's just a Mary Popping's umbrella, Ella, Ella, eh.

Last edited:

Slunch

No offence taken you're entitled to your opinion mate, But I think you have it wrong. The people who are paying the money and pushing prices up are the true collectors and will be the ones who still own there cars long after the rest of you have moved on to an Evo/Skyline or what ever. And then there are some long term owners who just don't give a monkey's about having a brolly or not, I bought 3 myself two to use one for spare and I also look out for other rare stuff to collect but I wont be selling any of it on for a profit.

Rob
Well said Rob, I have an umbrella, came with the car. I probably wouldn't go and buy one just now if it was missing, but I'm glad I have it. I let some other stuff go some time ago and wish I hadn't.

Dom

vpulsar

Well said Rob, I have an umbrella, came with the car. I probably wouldn't go and buy one just now if it was missing, but I'm glad I have it. I let some other stuff go some time ago and wish I hadn't.

Dom
You think you feel bad mate, I had nearly everything including the spot lights and mud guards and sold it all years ago, Now that's regret!

Hardy172cup

Umbrella prices may come back down a little but in the end it's inevitable that their value will increase as the cars get older and harder to find etc. people will always be willing to pay good money for them and any other rare oem parts or optional extras. It's just basic economics, as time goes by, things get rarer and harder to find so people will be willing to pay more to buy them.

johnny gtir

Umbrella's are just overly priced would never pay £100 for a brolly when I can buy a normal brolly for a couple of quid
I think there are few members with the hype of umbrella's at the moment these members are the ones pushing the prices up on them as they are paying ridiculous money for a brolly once they leave the scean the prices will come right back down as no one will be willing to pay £100 for an over priced iteam
just my 2p worth
not offended but its like saying why buy a expensive watch or some gold when you can get a cheap copy or fake or why buy a metro 6r4 when you could buy a 1.3 gl better still a toy one too many people think similar to you and drive prices of the whole gtir down let alone the price of a umbrella. So many would pay for shiny bits over parts needed or up boost and complain when something fails spend there days saying gearboxes are weak but wont pay to rebuild or upgrade. I keep saying it these cars are 20 year old now and instead of chasing power sort the simple stuff out renew parts then brakes then tyres handling and clean up bodywork and last off all then up the power with the right supporting mods . To many buy a R wack boost up blow something leave car sell parts scrap shell or sell it on then dissapeer saying i owned a pulsar it was unreliable ps this is not a direct reply to you but your comment did spark my outburst

scoobykiller

not offended but its like saying why buy a expensive watch or some gold when you can get a cheap copy or fake or why buy a metro 6r4 when you could buy a 1.3 gl better still a toy one too many people think similar to you and drive prices of the whole gtir down let alone the price of a umbrella. So many would pay for shiny bits over parts needed or up boost and complain when something fails spend there days saying gearboxes are weak but wont pay to rebuild or upgrade. I keep saying it these cars are 20 year old now and instead of chasing power sort the simple stuff out renew parts then brakes then tyres handling and clean up bodywork and last off all then up the power with the right supporting mods . To many buy a R wack boost up blow something leave car sell parts scrap shell or sell it on then dissapeer saying i owned a pulsar it was unreliable ps this is not a direct reply to you but your comment did spark my outburst
I wasn't trying to upset any one and my thought doesn't work like that, I don't go out there and buy shiny bits for my car if my car doesn't need fixing I don't spend any money on it as I have bigger priorities to worry about than my car but I still love my pulsar
But I totally understand where you guys are coming from and every one to they own preferences

splmum

Jebuss, what would one of mine be worth.

Genuine still in the cellophane wrapper with tags and in the original Nissan box and not one stain.

Nothing to the joe blow who couldn't care less, but too a TRUE collector, squillions, there is the difference.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Genuine still in the cellophane wrapper with tags and in the original Nissan box and not one stain.
I can accept that this would be worth £100; I don't know about squillions, but the AUD is very strong at the moment...

Jebuss, what would one of mine be worth.

Nothing to the joe blow who couldn't care less, but too a TRUE collector, squillions, there is the difference.

Pictures please..

Hardy172cup

A new still in the wrapper Nissan umbrella sold on eBay recently, I believe I fetched around £150-160

Just think what an umbrella will be worth to someone restoring a pulsar in 20 years time! I'm guessing quite a bit