wot syptoms have u had when ur turbo has blown

D

disco dave

i was just wondering wot sypmtons eg. smoke when ur turbo has blown.
mine smokes blue,white smoke on over runn after boosting turbo and centre bearing houseing smokes a bit after a rag aswell just wonder wot ur cars did when ur tubbys blew,cheers for help .moved to problem solving-skiddusmarkus

M

memski

Smoked a few times in between high rev gearchanges, never on boost. Loads of blue smoke on idle after a good run, could smell the oil burning.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
On my last car (non Gtir) it looked like a formula 1 engine blowing. I obliterated one side of a dual carriage way completely. :shock:

O

Olly

Normally when left idling the oil weeps out and burns as blue smoke in the exhaust and as the old cossies pull away you get a bit of smoke as she clears, but normally clear on boost. 8)

Mr GTiR

memski said:
Smoked a few times in between high rev gearchanges, never on boost. Loads of blue smoke on idle after a good run, could smell the oil burning.
same as mine before i raced an RS Focus and blew it up. The turbo kept pulling when i blew it so i carried on and nailed the RS 8)

J

jonnyboy

when my turbo went i had no smoke at all :shock: it just seized :?

Keira

Dave, you have a perfectly good non smoking standard turbo sitting there :roll: Its a good-un, has seen an indicated 1.7bar :lol:

must've been an absolute gent the bloke that lent you that :lol:

If you want a hand/motivation/p!ss take i'll pop up saturday and make you get that other piece of poop off and see once and for all.

E

Edd

nikko please add that obscenity motnego to the swear filter :evil: :lol: