wont idle normal after fittin power fc

R

richpulsar

it wont idle it keeps rising to 1250 ish n droppin down to 1000 any ideas

GINGA

I needs time to settle and learn the idle, did you let it idle for 10mins after furst start up etc :?: :?:

A

AJ4

There is a self learn mode when you first use it, it tells you in the manual what it is. I think its 10 mins idle with no electrics, a further 10 with aircon on, and a further 10 with rear demister on, something like that...

Also, have a look under the idle menu ( I assume you have the commander :D ) Mine had really weird settings for the idle and was constantly hunting up and down to find the right idle speed. Because mine idled a bit fast to begin with, it was going through some continual loop of dropping the revs, bringing back up, oops, too high, back down again etc. I had to fiddle the settings a bit so it didn't try to idle too low and it worked fine.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
richpulsar said:

HAHA!.... mine did that too...

I let it idle for 10mins... then another 10mins with all the electrics on.. al was well... Then all of a sudden it was reving upto 1250 then dropping to 1000, then rising etc...

Sam pissed around with the mapping of it... its only done it once since the mapping session... Don't know what he did tho...

Rishi

D

Dee 1

RishiGTiR said:
richpulsar said:

HAHA!.... mine did that too...

I let it idle for 10mins... then another 10mins with all the electrics on.. al was well... Then all of a sudden it was reving upto 1250 then dropping to 1000, then rising etc...

Sam annoyed around with the mapping of it... its only done it once since the mapping session... Don't know what he did tho...

Rishi
Minw did the same and was even worse after a clucth change :shock: :?:

A

AJ4

Try changing the fuel cut / recovery and idle settings in the commander.

Suppose your car idles naturally at 1000 rpm and your commander is set to 900 rpm, it can't lower the idle enough and just hunts up and down as best it can.

Also, if the fuel cut recovery value is set too low, I think that can cause hunting as well. Something like it cuts the fuel, the revs drop, fuel comes back on, revs shoot up, cuts the fuel, etc etc...