wont boost?

gtir bean

my mates car wont boost past about 1bar.its a brand new tubby and actuator and its not a chocked exhaust or an air leak from the pipework.we put the top mount back on and its still the same.it wont go past 1bar with the actuator hose off?could the actuator be needing adjusted?i think it drives fine but just wont boost like it should.

GTIR-LOZ

why are you running the car with the actuator pipe off??, the actuator will be set to a certain pressure for example mine is set at standard boost 0.6/7 bar running with a boost controller it keeps the pressure off of the actuator, with the pipe disconnected it should never open then as there is no pressure moving the actuator, unless when the turbo was setup the actuator was not setup correctly so is partially open allowing air to pass by the turbine

how did you set it up?

gtir bean

he took the hose off because it shouil run unlimited boost with it disconected.obviously he didnt rag it so it would go round to 2 bar but you would be able to tell if it was going to boost more than 1bar or not.iv not had anything to do with putting the turbo on and the bleed valve was set at 1 bar fine before.its like the waste gate is stuck open a bit making it take longer to spool and not letting it go high enough.

GTIR-LOZ

well the acuator prob wasnt setup right then, you need a pressure/vacuum tester to set it up correctly, set the desired pressure on the tester and pressure up the actuator (you should see the rod move) when at the correct pressure set the rod so that the flap in the turbo is shut and thats it.
i would set it to the standard turbo pressure otherwise if you change to a boost controller where you can have a couple of set pressures your lowest one you can go to will always be the actuator activation pressure