Wiscombe Park Hillclimb *Pics*

6Miester

Not the best weather for a hillclimb, and many opted not to run....Pussies!

Only one Pulsar ran, but it was awesome and seemed to be right on it. Unfortunatly my camera skills are not helped by the new camera-really must learn how to use it :roll:

Least blurred picture is coasting back downhill after a run :wink:

[edit] Can't seem to link to the images? So links...

http://images9.fotki.com/v176/photos/5/576966/2110963/WiscombeParkApril05Pulsar2-vi.jpg

http://images9.fotki.com/v173/photos/5/576966/2110963/WiscombeParkApril05Pulsar1-vi.jpg?500366

Edited to make pix work

MarkTurbo

My mate hillclimbs there sometimes and apparently that pulsar is well over 400bhp :shock:

Was there a red or yellow mk1 golf there :?: He's got 2 cars but i dont know if he was doing it or not cos i went to the rally :oops:

S

si.c R

I was chatting to the guy that owns the yellow R today at Wiscombe and he was saying it runs 450bhp on race fuel :twisted:

6Miester

MarkTurbo said:
My mate hillclimbs there sometimes and apparently that pulsar is well over 400bhp :shock:

Was there a red or yellow mk1 golf there :?: He's got 2 cars but i dont know if he was doing it or not cos i went to the rally :oops:
Did you mean Stewart? He runs a red MK1 Golf GTi, a black R and a Jedi!

I think his daughter drives the Golf on most occasions and he was using the Jedi today.

That yellow R was shifting! I can well imagine it is not standard, seemed one of the quickest things on the day-good traction out of Sawbench hairpin.

It was slightly dull due to the damp track, a few arse out moments livened it up a bit tho :D

6Miester

si.c R said:
I was chatting to the guy that owns the yellow R today at Wiscombe and he was saying it runs 450bhp on race fuel :twisted:

:shock: Bit of power then!

Did you go in your R? I didn't notice any in the 'car park'(read-muddy bog)

S

si.c R

Didnt take my R, went in a civic :oops: Think my R wouldve been more fun in the car park though :wink:

6Miester

si.c R said:
Didnt take my R, went in a civic :oops: Think my R wouldve been more fun in the car park though :wink:

:lol: I don't reckon those TVR's even managed to leave!

The R would have made a perfect muck sprayer :twisted:

MrMischief

Very nice R....good to see it being used properly 8)

N reg though :?: I thought the latest were M's... :?:

Steve

bracpan

Dens Car

I believe the driver is a chap called Den Coniber (not sure about the spelling) If it is him I know a bit about the car as I made the composite bonnet for the car over the winter, I believe the car has around 400BHP and the engine has been built by Simon Norris.
Its the first time I have seen the car with my bonnet on it, looks ok thought hope you agree.
I wish him all the best for the season.

Phil

A

antilag

yep seen the car at noris's wen he had a power fc fitted supposed to be rapid looks loverly to i had a sit in it :D

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
What are the regulations for getting a car into these events..???

All this talk of PowerFC and Norris Rebuild leads me to think that the regulations aren't too tight...

Rishi

J

jiw

Hallucination is bad kieron you need help, your R is yellow and as for the wheels, whatever happened to red :lol:

White R with yellow wheels, you got loose with the brush then i take it :wink:

kirko

RishiGTiR said:

All this talk of PowerFC and Norris Rebuild leads me to think that the regulations aren't too tight...

Rishi
the regs are tight on safety as always and the engine capacity :cry:
but they can be tuned :wink: not supposed to use anything but pump fuel though :roll:

bracpan

Rishi

You can take a standard GTIR and Race it as it is in Sprints and Hillclimbs. In the production class you are aloud to tune your engine as much as you want as long as it is based on the original type of unit, same goes for your gearbox, clutch, brakes and suspension. You can also change the bonnet and the tailgate for lighter items, (G/F, Kevlar, Carbon) but you must run on normal road tyres ( the type is in the MAS blue book) wheels are free but no wheel arch extentions. After that its mostly saftey items that can be changed like seats, belts and you can add a roll cage. but you must run carpets and trim. After that its up to the driver. Cars like Den Conibier's is a great example of what can be done
There are many Scoobys and Evo's comming out these days, but it would be great to see the GTIR mixing it with them and hopefully winning.
So come on boys have a go I am sure loads of you would love the experience, after all its what the car was built for. Plus you race one at a time so less change of damage (or at least no one else to blame)
If I can be of any help to anybody on here let me know.

Phil

O

Odin

bracpan said:
it would be great to see the GTIR mixing it with them and hopefully winning.
So come on boys have a go I am sure loads of you would love the experience, after all its what the car was built for. Plus you race one at a time so less change of damage (or at least no one else to blame)
If I can be of any help to anybody on here let me know.

Phil
I'm thinking of doing some of these events later this year or next depending on how my car goes.

rob